Mark Crossfield lesson update[if interested]

socky

Head Pro
Visit site
-- looks like you could be up soon...

(from facebook)
Mark Crossfield
7 mins ·
Hopefully another live golf lesson will upload today. Talking loft and should you improve your driver or iron

Matty2803

Head Pro
Visit site
Really looking forward to seeing your lesson!

I would love a lesson with MC, just too far away from Aberdeen!!!
I really enjoy all of his content!

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
They had a little spat about #ShaftFlex one evening on Twitter. Wasn't a massive spat, and they seem to have kissed and made up. Was some quite amusing back and forth though, especially between Peter Finch and Crossfield/Locket.

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
Visit site
Crossfield's line is normally that shaft flex make very little difference in the grand scheme of things as most amateurs do not hit a consistent enough strike for it to change anything. And it's more about what feels right for you. And he's done a few videos to attempt to prove his point. I think he does acknowledge that they can make some difference, but nowhere near as much as the 'shaftoids' as he calls them, think it does.

Matty2803

Head Pro
Visit site
They had a little spat about #ShaftFlex one evening on Twitter. Wasn't a massive spat, and they seem to have kissed and made up. Was some quite amusing back and forth though, especially between Peter Finch and Crossfield/Locket.

Yeah, Rick and Pete had been having little digs at Crossfield in some of their Monday Night Golf Shows over the past month or so.

It a shame, hopefully they get over it and can collaborate, and have a few matches, like Meandmygolf and Rick!!

Cheifi0

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site

I only caught a little bit of it and it's hard to tell how serious it is. I think it had something to do with Crossfield not doing a vlog with them as well.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

I completely missed that. I just watch the videos. I have seen something mentioned about shaft flex and "someone else", but it was only alluded to in the videos.

:rofl:

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Yeah, Rick and Pete had been having little digs at Crossfield in some of their Monday Night Golf Shows over the past month or so.

It a shame, hopefully they get over it and can collaborate, and have a few matches, like Meandmygolf and Rick!!

Yeah, Rick's been making sly shaft digs for a while, quite funny, but knew it'd come to a head eventually. Don't think that will happen unfortunately. Mark did not seem remotely keen on doing a VLOG with them.

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Crossfield knows his stuff and cuts through the 'techno speak guff' so many coaches spew out these days.....P2...centripetal.... inflexion....blah blah blah Yawn. That real life lesson was excellent and exactly the type I would like.

He has some serious kit and it only affirms to the pupil what he is trying to impart. Big thumbs up from me

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com

Uh oh..... yet another person telling you about your right hand grip..... so that's Bobmac, Me, and now Crossfield

Shall we watch this space or is it carry on as normal? :whistle:

Personally I think you CAN play with your right hand grip like that (ha! that'll put a spanner in your works) because you'd never have gotten to 6 h/cap if it was impossible, but bottom line is you should certainly try to weaken it a little... IF YOU CAN.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Uh oh..... yet another person telling you about your right hand grip..... so that's Bobmac, Me, and now Crossfield

Shall we watch this space or is it carry on as normal? :whistle:

Personally I think you CAN play with your right hand grip like that (ha! that'll put a spanner in your works) because you'd never have gotten to 6 h/cap if it was impossible, but bottom line is you should certainly try to weaken it a little... IF YOU CAN.

nothing wrong with playing off 6 with a super strong grip imho ;)

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
I would love that +5 degree type driver loft, really good.

If its any consolation my brother (much like your Dad) always pointed out, or rather, nagged that I never had enough right hand on the club. I succumb in the end and know exactly how weird it feels weakening that right hand grip for the first time.

Stick with it though, great video:thup:

John_Findlay

Tour Winner
Visit site
Was having a wee YouTube night to myself and came across your Crossfield lesson by chance, Tony. I'm a big fan of his and subscribe to his channels. Love the course reviews particularly.

Your video was interesting stuff and got for me thinking a lot about my own swing. Would love my own pro to have the same kind of data for my swing. Brilliant facility to have the launch, swing path and clubhead data. It does kinda simplify the process. Good stuff. Hope it helped.

Oh, hello again, by the way. Been away from the forum for a while. Will have to drop in again more often.

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
Also....

There is a swing at approx 18min 30secs that is referred to as "so this is a pressure shot"

Here's the TOP of your backswing position for that shot.....

f5YlGKl.gif

:mad: