Mark Crossfield - Is he all that?

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site
Shiels us ok but i get fed up with him repeating, for emphasis, every other sentence
Pete finch is OK. Rick shields is OK but they are annoying when together.
I find the anti industry stance from mark crossfield, irritating and hypocritical. But he seems to know his stuff as a coach tho.

I like Andy carter & Alex Elliot who both provide a different slant

ger147

Tour Winner
Visit site
Steve Johnston is good, worth checking oit if you haven't seen him before.

And I like Mark Crossfield, knows his stuff and I particularly like his on course testing.

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
Crossfield is doing some good stuff at the moment and I like the fact that he does a lot of his testing on the course. His vlogs are always good fun too. Finch is still doing some great stuff, and mixes the content up. Gone of Shiels big time and he seems to try and hit everything as far as he can. His tests bear no resemblance to the ordinary golfer. Teeuplo is doing producing some more realistic reviews as a handicap golfer

i watch his videos because he’s the only one that actually hits the ball a proper distance in comparison to most elite golfers. He’s actually about 20yds shorter than he used to be.

However, youtubers in general frustrate me. Crossfield talks a good game but knows very about club building and makes out he’s the don

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
i watch his videos because he’s the only one that actually hits the ball a proper distance in comparison to most elite golfers. He’s actually about 20yds shorter than he used to be.

However, youtubers in general frustrate me. Crossfield talks a good game but knows very about club building and makes out he’s the don

He certainly hits it a more reasonable distance that many can relate too compared to the likes of Shiels and Finch who having played with them do bomb the ball miles. He can give the impression of being "better" than the other reviewers as he doesn't pander to the manufacturers. Still doesn't seem to give too many products a poor review so perhaps more careful not to bite the hand that feeds than he likes to admit

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Buzza does the best vlogs for me, expect when he's playing with the mardy James.

But when he's playing with Rich Woods it's brilliant. After all, it was one of their vlogs that led me down the path of enlightenment.

shortgame

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Misread the thread title and was going to say 'yes he's a tw*t, an annoying tw*t' :eek:

He's probably a nice guy tbf and pretty knowleagable but annoying for sure. A bit 'Chris Evans', small doses only

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I find him a bit of a curates egg tbh.

On the one hand, his daily vlogs are well edited and often have really useful info/thoughts on many aspects of the game.

On the other, the horses&#t about independence is very wearing while being paid to wear kit and obviously having some sort of arangement with callaway. There is no transparency or declarations of interest where appropriate.

He is also extremely arsey with anyone who has the temerity to raise an eyebrow towards him on social media.

I find buzza, mamg, and carter/fletch the most comfortable online presence, they don't seem to have a 'side'.

selwood90

Head Pro
Visit site
Personally I enjoy a lot of crossfields content. He is clear on his stance on certain things and I quite like that. He gives the magazines and forums a bashing yes, but let's be honest he proves the point on what he says. For me at least. He is without doubt elite in his field, I watch a lot of the other YouTube golfers and they seem to churn out the same old content to be honest. One person I feel is very over looked is James Goddard, puts out some great content on the Quest Golf channel. All be it not as regular as others, but i get tje feeling he does a hell of a lot more coaching than rick and pete. May be wrong by all means. Also has plenty of time for his followers on twitter. Would love to have a lesson with crossfield, but have seen some prices bounced around on other threads plus his availability. May be one day. He's like marmite at the end of the day, but like him or not you can't knock him on knowing what he's talking about, or the amount of work he puts into our sport.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Watched a few of his latest today.

Going further downhill hill in my estimations. Constant digs at magazines and other youtubers (indirectly).

His impartiality claims are laughable too. He advertises as much as anyone. Callaway, online golf, under armour Pom ygt. He does the same as all of the rest but claims to be hollier than though.

He used to be great, he was making videos for the benefit of golfers, now it’s not. Imo he likes the sound of his voice too much.

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site
Watched a few of his latest today.

Going further downhill hill in my estimations. Constant digs at magazines and other youtubers (indirectly).

His impartiality claims are laughable too. He advertises as much as anyone. Callaway, online golf, under armour Pom ygt. He does the same as all of the rest but claims to be hollier than though.

He used to be great, he was making videos for the benefit of golfers, now it’s not. Imo he likes the sound of his voice too much.
Can’t disagree with any of that. I’ve no issue with him paying his mortgage, it’s when he has a pop at others going the same.
The stuff with Rory is painful to watch. I’m sure recently, in response to a complaint about the bullying of Rory, he actually implied that Rory should be grateful they allow him to come! I’m pretty sure YGT bankroll the lot.

Have you seen that fella that exists only to troll mark crossfield, he takes being a bell end to another level!!

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Can’t disagree with any of that. I’ve no issue with him paying his mortgage, it’s when he has a pop at others going the same.
The stuff with Rory is painful to watch. I’m sure recently, in response to a complaint about the bullying of Rory, he actually implied that Rory should be grateful they allow him to come! I’m pretty sure YGT bankroll the lot.

Have you seen that fella that exists only to troll mark crossfield, he takes being a bell end to another level!!

Yeah i found him on twitter after crossfield had a strop about it in one of his vlogs. Totally agree the troll is a bell, but do smirk a little at the irony when Mark has his slig digs at others.

NorfolkShaun

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I really like Crossfield but some of his course videos are getting a little dull and same old .

For me his daily vlogs are fantastic.

For course Vlogs Golfholics take some beating, good editing and come across are really nice guys, I imagine a round with them to be a lot of fun. Along with Fryer.

Sadly have really gone of Shiels, feel he has really started taking himself too seriously.

Mark1751

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I like what he does especially the daily vlogs. Don’t get the hate for Rory, I think that he’s pretty luck to be playing golf at all those courses and quite brave to put himself out there as playing with 2/3 pros on camera would have me swinging terrible!

User101

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
I thought the Rory stuff was all just a piss take between mates ?? As for Crossfield selling himself....eh ? wtf, that's why he does it, he makes a living out of it, of course he's gonna sell himself.

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site
I thought the Rory stuff was all just a piss take between mates ?? As for Crossfield selling himself....eh ? wtf, that's why he does it, he makes a living out of it, of course he's gonna sell himself.
But then why make a massive point of giving the industry a kicking over being in the manufacturers back pockets when he himself also is. The fella is a hypocrite.