Mark Crossfield - Is he all that?

NorfolkShaun

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just watched his perfect drive video.

One of the best swing videos I have seen in ages. Some fantastic thoughts and information there.

This for me is where i think Mark has the edge, his new content is nearly always leads the way in originality.

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site
Just watched his perfect drive video.

One of the best swing videos I have seen in ages. Some fantastic thoughts and information there.

This for me is where i think Mark has the edge, his new content is nearly always leads the way in originality.
There’s no denying that. I just don’t know why he has to denigrate other peoples work. Magazines, sky, rick shields. It makes him come across as a sad little man.
The one I watched recently, forget the title, was pretty good, I enjoy the testing at dawlish, but even then he was going on about imitators. There’s room for all.....even homer!!

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
i think he's popularity has gone to his head and his recent videos are hard to watch.

and what's going on with clips starting with him at home making tea with his kids.?

Last edited:

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
i think he skipped popularity has gone to his head and his recent videos are hard to watch.

and what's going on with clips starting with him at home making tea with his kids.?
Personally that’s the best bit for me.. makes him relatable and likeable.. rather than the others who seem like their always avoiding their family’s lol least mark you see him interacting with them and getting them involved

User101

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Personally that’s the best bit for me.. makes him relatable and likeable.. rather than the others who seem like their always avoiding their family’s lol least mark you see him interacting with them and getting them involved

I agree, makes him just seem like the rest of us, ordinary Joes, I like it.

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site

why do i want to see him interacting with his family? I'd watch 2.4 children if i was looking for that.

his videos aren't very predictable, especially the gear reviews and always says the same stuff

Last edited:

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
why do i want to see him interacting with his family? I'd watch 2.4 children if i was looking for that.

his videos aren't very predictable, especially the gear reviews and always says the same stuff

He uses things around the house to come up with great drills to help the average golfer

He is relatable and it makes him appeal to the average joe like myself .. see him doing his drills at home and playing golf with his kids.. makes him likeable to me

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
i think he's popularity has gone to his head and his recent videos are hard to watch.

I think he's been very clever there. I mean, relistically what does it add to the content? Nowt.

If it was with the family, playing golf. I could get in board with that, his daughter plays by all accounts, maybe he could do a little more about getting kids involved.

As it currently stands, its just clever marketing as some see to think us seeing him have a family makes him more normal than those that don't show it. TBF, there are you tube accounts with millions of followers and all they do is go about there "normal days" living a lifestyle of handouts through sponsors.

Grieve14

Head Pro
Visit site
I used to watch Crossfield, Finch, Rick Shiels, Fletch and me and my golf every night - I only watch crossfield now. I find the rest of them incredibly repetitive, boring and have no banter.

People are saying Crossfields reviews/testing he says the same things - surely the same can be said for rick?! At least crossfield switches it up and gets on the course testing the clubs, gives an honest opinion and makes it interesting to watch. Rick makes it so dull to watch.. "ok 3 more" as he smashes it into a net.

Even the course vlogs with rick and finch have taken a turn for the worse, they try to have banter and make it fun but it really doesnt work - I find myself wanting to watch them as general TV is crap, but in all honesty Id rather watch hollyoaks with the Mrs now... Crossfiled and lockey clearly have a great time doing what they do and it comes across that way, their chemistry is the best on youtube with all of the golf pro's and they actually have decent banter. I like the inclusion of Rory, Sophie and Dan too as it gives a bit of variance in talent and ability.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I used to watch Crossfield, Finch, Rick Shiels, Fletch and me and my golf every night - I only watch crossfield now. I find the rest of them incredibly repetitive, boring and have no banter.

People are saying Crossfields reviews/testing he says the same things - surely the same can be said for rick?! At least crossfield switches it up and gets on the course testing the clubs, gives an honest opinion and makes it interesting to watch. Rick makes it so dull to watch.. "ok 3 more" as he smashes it into a net.

Even the course vlogs with rick and finch have taken a turn for the worse, they try to have banter and make it fun but it really doesnt work - I find myself wanting to watch them as general TV is crap, but in all honesty Id rather watch hollyoaks with the Mrs now... Crossfiled and lockey clearly have a great time doing what they do and it comes across that way, their chemistry is the best on youtube with all of the golf pro's and they actually have decent banter. I like the inclusion of Rory, Sophie and Dan too as it gives a bit of variance in talent and ability.

this is how I find it.. I feel like Rick and Pete spent ages building their channel but now because its a success they dont need to put as much effort in now which I think the quality has nose dived

me and my golf similar but because they don't review clubs and seem to be purely teaching you know what your going to get

Mark though does all of the videos but his daily Vloggs seem to cover most things.. ill be watching them for no other reason than to catch up and suddenly a tip that helps me will appear

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
just seen a facebook post from his home and he has a Gretsch... so he can't be all bad.

looked like the Billy Duffy signature model White Falcon, not my personal choice but he's definitely gone up in my estimation.

Capella

Journeyman Pro
blog.jutta-jordans.de
What happened to Gorilla James, Pritchard and co. Was always comedy seeing gorilla lash it 40 yards left/right

The Gorilla pretty much left golf and went all gym (so did Harry Flower, but he at least did some urban golf stuff in the mean time as well). Now James has just posted a YouTube vid where he is hitting balls on the range. First time I've seen him with a golf club in hand in years. Maybe Harry's return to golf inspired him. It surely would be nice to see the two of them out together again. Harry Flower and Gorilla James were pretty much where my YouTube golf journey started.

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Gorilla was posting about the start of the Long Drive season coming soon on Twitter the other day - so a comeback to Long Drive could be on the horizon.