Mark Crossfield - Is he all that?

NorfolkShaun

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I didn't realise that Mark Crossfield employs Coach Lockey. No wonder he laughs at his jokes.

Have to say when i heard this i was quite shocked.

One thing that always makes we laugh if when youtubers say about the free content they offer, clearly none of them do it for free and there is decent living to earn with a fair amount of free kit.

I would add i see no reason they should do it for free, nearly everyone needs to earn a crust.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Very surprised when I Heard this yesterday. Crossfield must be making a decent penny to afford to pay Lockey unless he's paying minimum wage.
If he does employ Lockey he’s not just paying him to play golf with & laugh at his Hilarious banter.
I’m guessing Lockey gives lessons.

Dasit

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Makes about £50k a year just from youtube adverts, from looking at https://socialblade.com/youtube/user/4golfonline

Then he has sponsors. Underarmor, YGT. Maybe callaway for those ballsm maybe mercedes for his driving series.

But youtube is merely a platform to get his name out there, he can charge loads of coaching and is in very high demand.

He gets paid to do coaching seminars

he gets paid to do golf trips, by european tour/seniors tour etc

Makes sense for him to employ coach, I already knew coach did a lot of filming and editing.

Relationship helps coach a lot too, he is an in demand teacher because of crossfield.

davidg2010uk

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Crossfield has the best content at the moment i think. Daily Vlogs are great and course vlogs are fun. Getting bored of Rick & Pete, feel they are more interested in views/subscriber no's than quality content these days. They had great idea with Quest for the Open but never followed through with any decent prep and ultimately were miles off qualifying. Think Pete could be decent player too.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Crossfield has the best content at the moment i think. Daily Vlogs are great and course vlogs are fun. Getting bored of Rick & Pete, feel they are more interested in views/subscriber no's than quality content these days. They had great idea with Quest for the Open but never followed through with any decent prep and ultimately were miles off qualifying. Think Pete could be decent player too.

I haven’t seen a video from rick or Pete for about 6 months that I’ve thought was decent content .. it’s a shame they had all the potential

Marks built his brand but is now maintaining it

Matty6

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Much the same as what others have said, but I really like the content he puts out. Very interesting daily vlogs, great course vlogs and some interesting guests too. The Molinari vlog a couple of weeks was great. Really interesting to see tour pro’s cut loose and show a different side to themselves.

Digger

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I like Crossfields content, and approach to coaching. Daily vlogs are light entertainment and the course vlogs are fun to watch, although he does tend to enter silly, giggly show off mode sometimes, especially in front of guests. A bit embarrassing sometimes.
Peter Finch could be good if he applied himself a bit more. Rick Shiels lacks any sort of TV charisma for me, and only seems interested in how far he can hit it. I fear they've both missed the boat and Crossfield has the drop on them, always one step ahead with ideas.
Quite like the 'Me and My Golf' lads, but not as fun to watch and a bit wooden in their approach to the golf swing.

xreyuk

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I liked his recent video on the whole 'modern ball' debate. He is correct in saying that all of these courses are being set up firm and fast, it's no surprise that balls are going further because they're rolling out a ridiculous amount when they hit the ground.

I enjoy the course vlogs, but tend to watch the daily vlogs less, unless they're a topic I'm interested in.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I liked his recent video on the whole 'modern ball' debate. He is correct in saying that all of these courses are being set up firm and fast, it's no surprise that balls are going further because they're rolling out a ridiculous amount when they hit the ground.

I enjoy the course vlogs, but tend to watch the daily vlogs less, unless they're a topic I'm interested in.

And when someone disagrees or doesn't understand where he's coming from, instead of explaining or debating, he simply ridicules and mocks them....

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
What puzzles me is how Coach is a pro and how Rory plays off of 7, they must have bought those numbers.

I don’t think coach is that bad. I think he plays to the camera a little, he always takes the hero shot on (makes for more interesting viewing). Plus generally his chipping and pitching would save him some shots against many of us.

NorfolkShaun

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I don’t think coach is that bad. I think he plays to the camera a little, he always takes the hero shot on (makes for more interesting viewing). Plus generally his chipping and pitching would save him some shots against many of us.

I have no idea which ones they are, but there are a few Vlogs where Coach plays quite conservatively and wins easily. But as you say kind of boring viewing.

inc0gnito

Assistant Pro
Visit site

Hes an excellent chipper and putter. His driving is his only real downside I cansee and he often prefers the long irons instead. He’s a nice personality that balances out Marks overt boyishness.

shortgame

Tour Rookie
Visit site
And when someone disagrees or doesn't understand where he's coming from, instead of explaining or debating, he simply ridicules and mocks them....

This. Caught some of the recent ball 'debate' on Twitter and he came across as a right dick

User101

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site

Your right, you can see when he's in the fairway (not often) he can strike is very well but compared to Mark, he's a tad wild off the tee, Rory playing off 7 however, jeezo he is everywhere.