Mark Crossfield At Taylor Made

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Fair play to him, he holds his hands up and admits TM were right. He has slated their marketing before but no hiding place. Not sure Mr TM guy was overly impressed by the Crossfield experience but they got the result they wanted so I guess everyone is happy. Funny thing is Mark Crossfield has been raving about the I25 driver for weeks and was talking about putting it in the bag. I wonder if he'll eat his words and stick the TM in

Ista

Hacker
Visit site
I like Mark's videos especially the vblogs. He definitely tries to provide his honest opinion. For those of us without flight monitors the numbers from his club review vids are also good info.

Allanxyz

Head Pro
Visit site
The numbers tell him that this is the best driver for him, so he should put it in the bag.

Not like he'll pay for it anyway!

we'll see, he seems to really like the racing stripes on the i25. It's not clear to me how much time he's spent optimising each club... I reckon he'll try to get the figures up on the i25 before giving up on it...

mab

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
which he covers and openly admits being wrong- good for him.

267yd avg carry does seem pretty high for a 100mph SS

His ball speeds were between 151-154mph, so he's likely swinging a tad faster than 100mph… but still, the carry distances did seem a fair amount longer than I would have expected from those numbers. :confused:

Khamelion

Tour Winner
Visit site
Ask Hobbit if the SLDR works, he tried Kraxx's SLDR at Leeds today and hit 12/14 fairways and won the longest drive as well in pretty rubbish weather.

SAPCOR1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
we'll see, he seems to really like the racing stripes on the i25. It's not clear to me how much time he's spent optimising each club... I reckon he'll try to get the figures up on the i25 before giving up on it...

He does say on the video that he was fully "analysed" using TM's MATT system and his loft was set at 11.25

spawn_ukuk

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Pricing
I'm surprised and then again I'm not its TM

The cost of a fitting will be £200 for 14 clubs or £100 for a driver fit. With the two hour booking you will be presented with a Wentworth logo Ashworth polo shirt and a sleeve of 3 TaylorMade premium golf balls (retail value £57.50). The fitting process takes up to two hours and involves a warm up, fitting session, club validation and consultation.

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
Visit site
He is one of their biggest critics and he has been proved wrong.

No he is not if you listen to what he says. On the past he has questioned some of their marketing claims, as he does for all club manufacturers now. Which I think in a world of very little, if any questioning of the claims by any of the magazines, is needed. Watch any of his club reviews for any manufacturer now and he will more than likely mention at the start the latest claim about hot faces, better MOR, extra yards etc etc and then say something like 'but they all say that nowadays'

He has kind of proved that things like speed pockets make little, if any difference. But he has never as far as I am aware said that they make poor clubs, indeed he has praised clubs TM clubs in the past. Also he has been very clear in recent videos that the loft up/lower spin principal will work for some people, but it won't for everyone as some people will need the spin to keep the ball in the air if they have a low swing speed. Again this is common sense and a very valid point as TM would have you believe that higher loft and lower spin on a driver will work for everyone.

Anyway, I'll watch the video now.;)

Allanxyz

Head Pro
Visit site
He does say on the video that he was fully "analysed" using TM's MATT system and his loft was set at 11.25

Yep, you're right... think he just took the ping i25 off the shelf, so maybe with some differetn sharf options or lofts he could get that out as far as the SLDR... it wasn't so far behind...

Alex1975

Tour Winner
Visit site
No he is not if you listen to what he says. On the past he has questioned some of their marketing claims, as he does for all club manufacturers now. Which I think in a world of very little, if any questioning of the claims by any of the magazines, is needed. Watch any of his club reviews for any manufacturer now and he will more than likely mention at the start the latest claim about hot faces, better MOR, extra yards etc etc and then say something like 'but they all say that nowadays'

He has kind of proved that things like speed pockets make little, if any difference. But he has never as far as I am aware said that they make poor clubs, indeed he has praised clubs TM clubs in the past. Also he has been very clear in recent videos that the loft up/lower spin principal will work for some people, but it won't for everyone as some people will need the spin to keep the ball in the air if they have a low swing speed. Again this is common sense and a very valid point as TM would have you believe that higher loft and lower spin on a driver will work for everyone.

Anyway, I'll watch the video now.;)

I agree, while he might take the mic a little he usually says "they" be it Nike or Callaway or TM "will have seen that in there numbers at there labs" or something similar.