Course work at Stoneham

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Great video. Fantastic and proactive idea that other clubs could copy. Really highlights the hard work going on and the dedication the staff have to giving golfers the best course they can. Has to benefit in terms of getting members and visitors

D

Deleted member 17920

Thought some of you may be interested to watch the following video, a review of Stoneham over 2017. Lots of work going on to improve the course, and a lot more to come.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8gQ1hCobyE&feature=youtu.be

As I have said previously, anyone wanting to come and have a game there just message me.
just watched that video, really good info for visitors and members to what the work has been done.

It looks like they did a fair bit of work during the season and fair play, our major work started again last November.

The Bigga picture of the year is quality.

D

Deleted member 15344

That’s a brilliant video and course looks superb - would certainly love to play it if you are organising any little meets

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
Looking at something on 7th April, there's a thread in the arrange a game section.

We are also rebuilding the practice area, that started at the end of 2017 so isn't really in the video. For those interested it is in the green keepers blog on the website

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Brilliant stuff.
I wish I had had that number of staff and quality of machinery when I was a HGK in the 1970's.
I won a BIGGA 36 hole scratch trophy at Stoneham [with a 7 at my first short hole :eek:] so I have fond memories of the club.

Fantastic example for other clubs to follow.....well done.

PNWokingham

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I echo what others have said - really good video and great commitment to seriously revamping the course and letting it reach its true potential - would love to come down in the summer

ab1v

Medal Winner
Visit site
Yep must admit that it is looking tempting, at least 5 years ahead of our place in the work that’s being done. Over last couple of years we’ve lost some members to there and can see why.