Man of honour... playing out of turn..

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I didnt say you were wrong on here though :rolleyes:

Anyway, I aologised, what do you want blood?

I've not joined the grammar police, but it just made me giggle without a comma inbetween 'want' and 'blood' it read to me like you were down with the kids there Bob with the slang speak.

I'll get me coat.
images

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
I've not joined the grammar police, but it just made me giggle without a comma in between 'want' and 'blood' it read to me like you were down with the kids there Bob with the slang speak.

I miss out one lousy comma in over over 3 years and 11,500 posts and get called up for it.
Right Gary, revenge is a dish best served cold.
Beware, I'm watching.....

;)

sev112

Tour Winner
Visit site
How on earth you can remember 4 people's fractional handicaps, their individual scores, the stroke index and their nett scores i haev no idea - you must all be far cleverer than me.

If anyone complained that i had taken the honour from them, then i would immediately penalise them 2 shots for not being ready to play when it was their turn
Soon shuts them up

I trust that everyone who says "this is the way the game is supposed to be played" goes out each week in tweeds and hickory shafts with a "boy" carrying their clubs

MashieNiblick

Tour Winner
Visit site
How on earth you can remember 4 people's fractional handicaps, their individual scores, the stroke index and their nett scores i haev no idea - you must all be far cleverer than me.

If anyone complained that i had taken the honour from them, then i would immediately penalise them 2 shots for not being ready to play when it was their turn
Soon shuts them up

I trust that everyone who says "this is the way the game is supposed to be played" goes out each week in tweeds and hickory shafts with a "boy" carrying their clubs

Must say that's quite an unusual attitude although I guess you are being a bit tongue in cheek and trying to stimulate a bit of a reaction.

Order of play is set out in the Rules and it only takes a few seconds to check who scored what. Usually sort it out while waiting for the group ahead. Never known anyone to really struggle working out whose honour it is.

Just wondering how your approach works in practice, especially in a formal comp or do you usually play with a set group who know what your approach is? What if all 3 or 4 of you arrive at the next tee at the same time and are all ready to go? How do you decide who is going first? Do you say anything like "I'm ready so I'll go if that's OK" or do you just tee up and fire away even when you know it's not your honour and the guy who should be going is ready?

Don't think you can simply "immediately" penalise someone for undue delay just for pointing out you had wrongly taken the honour.

And why should only old boys in tweeds want to play by the Rules and Etiquette laid down for the game?

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
How on earth you can remember 4 people's fractional handicaps, their individual scores, the stroke index and their nett scores i have no idea

I may be playing in a fourball and concentrating on my own game, but I could tell you what each person scored on each hole with no problem whatsoever. It's called "watching".
And as for their fractional handicaps I'd work that out before I tee off and make a note of it on the scorecard somewhere. Doesn't everybody???
:mad:

sev112

Tour Winner
Visit site
i just think it's a bit harsh suggesting that people who are number dyslexic have to be as mathematically adroit as others, for a sport in which it is supposed to be attitude and physical dexterity that matters most - but there you go

Seriously though, Friday afternoons, who ever is on the tee first just goes
Competitions it's whoever can work out the maths ;)