Makes my blood boil

Fader

Tour Winner
Visit site
What has your good lady said about it
Gutted, disgusted and teary eyed to say the least. She's great with my kids and she is fuming as they mean the world to her. She said she's told her mum there'll be no visits, birthday meals or any form of gifts in future.

It's caused a massive rift and I can't see me even being able to be in the same room as her from now on.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
It's episodes like this that make me glad I have the really boring life that none of this sort of thing ever happens in.....

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Being an old git, none of my close relations do twitter, or face ache. In fact, most of my close relations are dead. As a strategy, this works well. Only two more to get rid of.

Staggering a grand mother would think like this. I guess deprivation of grand kids is the next move. Don't want them tainted by greed.

Fader

Tour Winner
Visit site
Being an old git, none of my close relations do twitter, or face ache. In fact, most of my close relations are dead. As a strategy, this works well. Only two more to get rid of.

Staggering a grand mother would think like this. I guess deprivation of grand kids is the next move. Don't want them tainted by greed.

That's the worst part of it, she doesn't even see my kids as her family but I won't get into that.

I've tried to be civil to her for HID benefit but that's it I'm severing all ties with her apart from the fact I'm with her daughter. I won't speak to her again until the devils wearing a woolly hat and HIDs told her the same

Andy808

Tour Winner
Visit site
I feel your pain.
Before Christmas it was my mother in laws 70th birthday so my wife decided for us that we would either chip in for her new kitchen floor or offer to pay to fly her down for Christmas. She chose to come and see us, oh how under joyed was I, 3 weeks with the MIL here over Christmas and no chance of getting shot of her to another relative that lives down here as they were away. I look up the flights and it's going to cost £100, which was fine, apart from the fact she took another week to book them so it cost me £150!
I take a day off work to go and pick her up from Exeter airport 60 miles away only to be moaned at all the way back about how terrible her flight was.
I suffer her moaning about everything possible for the 3 weeks, she offered nothing for keeping her, nothing for fuel to take her out where she wanted to go and nothing for taking her back to the airport.
On her last night I also find out the rest of the family that live in and around the same town as her did NOTHING! I was not a happy chappy to say the least when I could have got away with £50 towards her floor and still done a darn sight more than the rest of the family.
We also got her a westie dog for Christmas which I then had to arrange to get to her after she had gone home. Now that is another story for another rant.

DappaDonDave

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Families, some times more bother than they're worth.

Sd the mother in law, I've not spoken to my mum in 4 years, means I have more time to spend with my wife/son and doing things I want to do.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Gutted, disgusted and teary eyed to say the least. She's great with my kids and she is fuming as they mean the world to her. She said she's told her mum there'll be no visits, birthday meals or any form of gifts in future.

It's caused a massive rift and I can't see me even being able to be in the same room as her from now on.

So sad to hear about this. I think your GF ( who appears to be a real keeper) has done the right thing and you're well shot of her mother who seems a real witch.

MarkA

Head Pro
Visit site
At least youve a united front with HID which is good - let the old bag come back on bended knee, youve lost nothing severing ties with an old bint like that!

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
I've not spoken to my mother for 3 years since she kicked off about the arrangements for my daughters 5th Birthday. I have no regrets. Christmas's are a lot quieter and a lot less hassle... I'd recommend it to anyone who has selfish relatives.

Maybe post a link to this thread on her Faceache page? :p

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
Women and facebook don't work to well together I find. (Not being sexist, but pointing out my findings)

indeed

for 'facebook' read 'open book' in some cases - you can tell a huge amount about some people from their posts/comments etc

Khamelion

Tour Winner
Visit site
My mates missus posts just about everything they, she, the kids do on facebook for hte world to read. It drives him up the wall and has caused more arguments than anything else.

Facebook nice idea while it lasted........

MarkA

Head Pro
Visit site
My mates missus posts just about everything they, she, the kids do on facebook for hte world to read. It drives him up the wall and has caused more arguments than anything else.

Facebook nice idea while it lasted........

Why? I just dont get it - its almost like tourettes syndrome

Fader

Tour Winner
Visit site
Well the hammer has fallen and judgment passed.

We got the "phone call" from grotbags (future mother in law) tonight, she rang to express her disappointment in how she's been told where to go by HID and that she felt her request for a gift was reasonable. She also said she didn't appreciate what I'd said to her about how disgusted I was at the way she has made HID feel and my anger at the point of bringing my kids into.

The resulting comment from HID to grotbags was to paraphrase, I won't put Fader (insert my name) on the phone as you'll get full bore but what I will say is its no suprise dad left you and a mother should appreciate what her family means to her and not what they can buy. She went onto tell her my kids are her family and always will be so will continue to treat them like her own which is more than she feels she gets from her own mother and to not bother contacting again until she realises how sad and lonely her life will become.

Theres been a few more tears as a result, but I fully support her in her decisions and she's going to move in full time now so going forward were going to be good and stronger, it's just a shame she's had to be put through this...

Bloody mother-in-laws.. Least Christmas will be more straight forward now.

Jay Gee

Assistant Pro
Visit site
This thread has brought me out lurking mode. Sounds like something straight out of the Monster in Laws TV show. I feel for the OP and his GF, but it seems to have bought you closer and made you stronger so good for you. The icing on the cake is that you don't have to see that awful MIL again.

I've got a kid from my practice marriage and my 2nd wife and her family and friends have been amazing with him. Unfortunately my wife's parents passed away before we met so I don't have a MIL. I say unfortunately because in-Laws can be great - both my brothers have wonderful in-Laws.

The comments about social media remind me of a comedian on America's Got Talent who said he doesn't know how to use Twitter so goes around with a megaphone and announces what he's doing at random times. Funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51s7I9c8GNs

pbrown7582

Money List Winner
Visit site
Real sad situation but it seems the OP n GF have dealt with it very well and not let it come between them. Reading the updat the MIL has had both barrels and been told where to go :thup: not a nice thing for any daughter/son to have to do but if they don't respect and enjoy time with you then it's for best in long run.
Hope you can move on from this sorry saga together soon.

jammydodger

Tour Winner
Visit site
Good for you Fader. Too many family members think they can get away with treating you like crap because they know they'll get away with it. I havnt had contact with my dad since he left about 20 years ago. I havnt spoken to my mum for about 5 years either.

HID hasnt spoken to her dad for about 6 years or her sister for about the same.

We couldnt be happier and have absolutely no-one to justify anything to except ourselves. No judgings or snide comments about how we are supposed to be running our lives from people who have totally messed theirs up.