Phone free childhood

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
I haven't got kids so not a problem I will ever encounter but when chatting with my wife, we both said that if we had kids, they wouldn't have a phone, no TV in the bedroom, etc and we would be proper strict. In reality we would probably have given in just to get some peace and quiet :ROFLMAO:

A number of people do find that the easy way out

It’s all about finding other ways to keep the son or daughter quiet - there are lots of ways but some are just too lazy

My daughter doesn’t have any TV Monday - Thursday and she can only use certain teaching apps on the pad during that period as well - she right now enjoys reading a book more and if weather is ok we go out every weekend

Ye Olde Boomer

Visit site
Excessively strict parents are probably the ones who have no relationship with their progeny once they grow up.
At least I would think so. Nobody wants to fondly remember a regimented childhood.

In retrospect, a more liberal attitude worked out well in my family.
We see both of our adult children all the time.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
In a similar scenario, my son was about 14-15 when, I think, Grand Theft Auto came out. It had an 18 certificate. He wanted it, we said no. It eventually transpired that all of his mates had it, he was the only one who didn't. He could play it whenever he wanted at their houses. What do you do, stop him meeting anyone outside of school?

The genie is out of the bottle. You largely have to trust them, make sure they understand the good and the bad. I would say, most schools now are very good on this type of subject, social media, and that helps.
All the kids told all the parents that everyone else had it. That’s how they all get it. 😉