Smartphones, a rant - let me off I'm done

• Thread starter Deleted member 18121
  • Start date

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Mobile phones are brilliant. Unlimited texts, 300 mins of calls, sat nav thing for when I'm lost, music to play when out walking £5 a month. Camera, bit rubbish though. Recording thing. great !!!! Caught some a girl quartet playing at Salford Royal. No longer use home home. Brilliant.

One problem is that it does seem to have a mind of it's own and keeps changing my settings. ?????? Or try to switch itself on to do things when in my pocket. Or goes bingly beep for no reason. Could be wifi but not sure.

KhalJimbo

Head Pro
Visit site
I just think times have changed, before you'd just get husband a wife ignoring each other in a restaurant by reading a news paper, now its pretty much the same except for reading the news on an phone or tablet. Same thing, different technology.

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
Visit site
It's just a change in society and it's normal for young people nowadays to do this. And golfers fear change.

Personally I think smart phones are great as I can do so much on them and technology is enabling people to be much more connected and access information they'd like to see much quicker if they want to. But hey ho, each to their own.

MegaSteve

Tour Winner
Visit site
In general not too fussed what others do....

BUT... As soon as they put their device on the end of a stick and expect me to walk in the middle of the road so they can take a poxy picture of themselves... I will and DO have a word :angry:....

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I'm currently doing a tour of the eastern USA, one Australian family man, woman and son about 10, have all been constantly on their phones all day and every day whilst we've been on the road, they then use them for their photo's. They've never looked out of the coach window at all and the amazing thing is that when we finish on Saturday they transfer to San Francisco to tour the west side - I hope their not paying for roaming!

D

Deleted member 18121

I'm currently doing a tour of the eastern USA, one Australian family man, woman and son about 10, have all been constantly on their phones all day and every day whilst we've been on the road, they then use them for their photo's. They've never looked out of the coach window at all and the amazing thing is that when we finish on Saturday they transfer to San Francisco to tour the west side - I hope their not paying for roaming!

A1 example! I'm looking forward to the Foo fighters gig I'm going to soon where everyone spends their whole time videoing the gig on their smart phones...oh joy.

PuttPuttSteve

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I'm sick of people walking along the street bumping into others/street furniture because what is on their phone is so unbelievably important.

I know Schadenfreude's not cool, but I allowed myself a wry smile when I read a few months ago that a woman had walked into a canal whilst paying too much attention to her phone. :whistle: