Anyone work nights? - help me out lads

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
The boss's reply:

Proceedure states that they should call the office not your phone even if they have you number.

Hopefully this is a written policy. Print it out and issue it to everybody at a staff meeting - making sure that the phone numbers are prominent.

If it isn't then it's still a case of changing numbers, and I know what a pain that is.

madandra

Money List Winner
Visit site
I would advise your wife to send a letter telling her staff that you and your family need your phones on in case of a family emergency and them not being fit for work the following day does not fall into that category. If anyone else calls through the night and causes her/you alarm then she will take the matter up with senior management as a matter of harassment.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
B) her sister is 3/4's of her way through pregnancy and doesnt want to miss anything.

Turn her phone to silent at night and tell her sister to phone your number if necessary at night!

Sorted

Chris

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Well....up to you, but I'd go apeshit if I was regularly woken up with HID phone goin off during the night.
I assume you have a Landline that her sister will ring if she 'needs' to.

get a grip !

Here,here. I'd issue a warning that if I was woken once more the phone would be no more. If it woke me after that the thing would be in tiny pieces in an instant. Job done.

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
If your wife wants to keep her mobi switched on then it's her fault. Can't blame the staff... other than not phoning the correct number.

If I was ill at 2am I would phone up to say I wasn't well, the last thing I'd need if I was sick would be to set an alarm for the morning, I'd want to be asleep.

madandra

Money List Winner
Visit site
If your wife wants to keep her mobi switched on then it's her fault. Can't blame the staff... other than not phoning the correct number.

If I was ill at 2am I would phone up to say I wasn't well, the last thing I'd need if I was sick would be to set an alarm for the morning, I'd want to be asleep.

JOUK, the phone in question is NOT a company phone so the lady should be able to leave her phone on and not expect to be harassed in the midle of the night. Company precedure states staff should call the office before 8am if not attending work.