M5/ M6 announcement

Qwerty

Tour Winner
Visit site
What do we think most golfers really want from a driver..?

If it’s more distance would a Proper shaft fitting with a budget of say £300 using your existing driver head give the best chance of achieving this, trying out a much wider range of exotic shafts rather that the usual few stock offerings.
Surely the correct kick and weight of the shaft suited to the swing is now going to have more of an effect?

I suppose though..a new expensive shaft isn’t really as glamourous as the latest driver head..

Last edited:

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site

If it’s more distance would a Proper shaft fitting with a budget of say £300 using your existing driver head give the best chance of achieving this, trying out a much wider range of exotic shafts rather that the usual few stock offerings.
Surely the correct kick and weight of the shaft suited to the swing is now going to have more of an effect?

I suppose though..a new expensive shaft isn’t really as glamourous as the latest driver head..
Good point.

Or, spend a few quid on a gym membership and get fitter/stronger/more flexible. As an added benefit, you'd get all the ladies lusting after you as well. I mean, who doesn't want to be a golf club gigolo?

Rory with a 907 is still 150 yards past Derek with a Sooper Dooper Rogue.

Wolf

Visit site
Good point.

Or, spend a few quid on a gym membership and get fitter/stronger/more flexible. As an added benefit, you'd get all the ladies lusting after you as well. I mean, who doesn't want to be a golf club gigolo?

Not sure about the gigolo part having seen many of who I'd be hiring my services out to at my club :oops:

But the gym part you have hit the nail on the head, everyone goes out and spend hundreds on a new driver thinking the kit is the answer but it's still the guy or gal at the end of it that creates the power. Save some money and spend less on a gym membership getting fitter and stronger.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Not sure about the gigolo part having seen many of who I'd be hiring my services out to at my club :oops:

But the gym part you have hit the nail on the head, everyone goes out and spend hundreds on a new driver thinking the kit is the answer but it's still the guy or gal at the end of it that creates the power. Save some money and spend less on a gym membership getting fitter and stronger.
My gym isn’t much cheaper than a new driver 😂😂
If after joining a gym and getting a new driver I don’t gain at least 12 yards then I want a refund 😉

Wolf

Visit site
My gym isn’t much cheaper than a new driver 😂😂
If after joining a gym and getting a new driver I don’t gain at least 12 yards then I want a refund 😉

Get yourself a knowledgeable Stength and conditioning coach to programme your gym sessions to maximise your potential, I can recommend a really good one at a good price ;)

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Get yourself a knowledgeable Stength and conditioning coach to proragnne your gym sessions to maximise your potential, I can recommend a really good one at a good price ;)

Once I get to a level of fitness I’m happy with, I will be looking at a coach for a plan. But atm, I feel that it would be like going for a club fitting before I’d ever swung a club.

Wolf

Visit site
Once I get to a level of fitness I’m happy with, I will be looking at a coach for a plan. But atm, I feel that it would be like going for a club fitting before I’d ever swung a club.
Or they could help accelerate that fitness level and do it all at same time, smart programming in gym is l hugely different to fixing things after like in golf.

But fact your already doing it is great news not just for your golf but for life

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
I think TM get the stick more as they were probably the first manufacturer to shorten the time between model releases although agreed that most other manufacturers are following suit now.
I think that golf clubs are really pushing the limit of how far they can improve on the previous model so they have to up the hype to make people pay for the latest piece of kit. In my opinion though the reality is that I don't think your average golfer will see much difference although we all hanker after it.
But the pricing of clubs has now gone just plain silly. No way would/could I justify paying that much for a single club. My XR16 driver I bought at £200 in our pro-shop sale using my cash I had from gifts/prizes but I'm not really convinced that buying anything newer would bring me any benefit.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Or they could help accelerate that fitness level and do it all at same time, smart programming in gym is l hugely different to fixing things after like in golf.

But fact your already doing it is great news not just for your golf but for life

Oh I’m sure they could help accelerate it, obviously that’s what they’re expertise ease. It’s more a case of when I’m confortable. I wouldn’t want to start from absolute zero fitness, would rather have so:e level of fitness to build on. But if you wanna pm me your “contact” I’ll get in touch accordingly.

Andy

Tour Winner
Visit site
I think those who say they look gash are not really with it and really are not with the times. Like it it or not people buy the product, 2016 m2 was the best selling driver of all time

Eye of the beholder surely?

Why should I buy a club because you think it's with the times?

huds1475

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Good point.

Sorry, you're wrong.

New drivers make you more attractive to women. That's a fact 👍

Karl102

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Think this is bang on. I think a new shaft would have more influence than a new head.
Also, if you look at Cameron Champ, they rave about his flexibility as opposed to muscle mass. They say its where he generates his clubhead speed from. Unfortunately, as much as flexibility can be improved in us commoners, there is a limit as we move towards our golden years 😂😂