M5/ M6 announcement

D

Deleted member 15344

You know it’s the new year when it’s the annual TM Bitchfest over the release of their new driver

My take - the looks for TM drivers have been marmite for a while , as they say beauty is in the eye of the beholder but then I don’t think I have ever been bothered by looks - I like the one I have currently as long as it performs well

As for the marketing guff - they all have , jailbreak , turbolators and the list goes on from every single manufacturer

Not sure why TM seem to take most of the brunt of the anger , each OEM has it’s regular release cycles no one is forced to buy the new driver but TM’s success in tbe driver market both club golfer and Pro shows they must be doing something right.

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
With the times?

Get a grip mate, they are stinking.
So you say but guarantee m5 and epic flash will be the best selling drivers this year, and tm and Callaway have dominated the wood market for years, so those in the opinion of they look gash are obviously in the minority

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
Not with it or perhaps they just have an opinion it does look gash therefore have different tastes to you.

Imo all TM drivers have looked Gash for years with the exception of the White Burner they had.

Can't be said I only like black either as I use a bright blue Cobra driver which to some people may also look gash because they have a different opinion to me.

But to say people aren't with it because they don't like something is disrespectful to people and not accepting of them simply having their own though process and opinion that just happens to differ from your own.
I think the coloured cobra stuff prior to f8 looks horrendous but I don't come out and say it looks gash, that's disrespectful to those who like it. I'm with the times I recognise people like different things and trends/fashions move on so I don't slate stuff I don't like on the basis of looks. I think the people who are disrespectful of people's tastes and opinions are the ones saying stuff is garbage just because they don't like the way it looks

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
So you say but guarantee m5 and epic flash will be the best selling drivers this year, and tm and Callaway have dominated the wood market for years, so those in the opinion of they look gash are obviously in the minority

And good for them.

I hope they sell a trillion of them.

I really dont care though because.... they look gash.

Maybe I need to ‘get with the times’ 😂

Who actually uses that expression anyway?

😂😂😂

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
You know it’s the new year when it’s the annual TM Bitchfest over the release of their new driver

My take - the looks for TM drivers have been marmite for a while , as they say beauty is in the eye of the beholder but then I don’t think I have ever been bothered by looks - I like the one I have currently as long as it performs well

As for the marketing guff - they all have , jailbreak , turbolators and the list goes on from every single manufacturer

Not sure why TM seem to take most of the brunt of the anger , each OEM has it’s regular release cycles no one is forced to buy the new driver but TM’s success in tbe driver market both club golfer and Pro shows they must be doing something right.
This 100% TM seem to bear the brunt of people's anger with the golf industry for no good reason

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
And good for them.

I hope they sell a trillion of them.

I really dont care though because.... they look gash.

Maybe I need to ‘get with the times’ 😂

Who actually uses that expression anyway?

😂😂😂
That would probably be me 😂😂😂

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I think the coloured cobra stuff prior to f8 looks horrendous but I don't come out and say it looks gash, that's disrespectful to those who like it. I'm with the times I recognise people like different things and trends/fashions move on so I don't slate stuff I don't like on the basis of looks. I think the people who are disrespectful of people's tastes and opinions are the ones saying stuff is garbage just because they don't like the way it looks

“Disrespectful of people’s of people’s tastes and opinions”

Oh good Lord.

😂😂😂

It’s a bloody golf driver gods sake 😂

Dogma

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I think those who say they look gash are not really with it and really are not with the times. Like it it or not people buy the product, 2016 m2 was the best selling driver of all time
I don't want to offend anyone here, but to be honest, the demographic of this forum are more likely to be against the styling that TM have added over the past few years. :ROFLMAO:

If you catch my drift.

After watching the Shiels review, I'm a bit dubious about TM's claims but you can't fault them for the hype they've created.

At the end of the day, if you're interested and can afford it, go for a fitting.

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
I don't want to offend anyone here, but to be honest, the demographic of this forum are more likely to be against the styling that TM have added over the past few years. :ROFLMAO:

If you catch my drift.

After watching the Shiels review, I'm a bit dubious about TM's claims but you can't fault them for the hype they've created.

At the end of the day, if you're interested and can afford it, go for a fitting.
Completely agree anybody know the average demographic of this forum 😂🤣😂

Wolf

Visit site
No its disrespectful to say something looks garbage but not disrespectful to say that's though don't like something need to get with the times.

Nice double standard you have there, but clearly you're right...

What I will agree with you on is they along with Callaway will be the number 1 sellers, but they doesn't mean they look good. It does mean a lot will like how they look, some will buy on performance despite the look, some will buy just because they want shiny new toys and then some like my brother as an example will buy it because he buys into the hype or the excellent marketing.

Looks alone are not why people buy equipment.

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
No its disrespectful to say something looks garbage but not disrespectful to say that's though don't like something need to get with the times.

Nice double standard you have there, but clearly you're right...

What I will agree with you on is they along with Callaway will be the number 1 sellers, but they doesn't mean they look good. It does mean a lot will like how they look, some will buy on performance despite the look, some will buy just because they want shiny new toys and then some like my brother as an example will buy it because he buys into the hype or the excellent marketing.

Looks alone are not why people buy equipment.
I completely disagree with the exception of the putter that people don't care if they look good or not, as for a lot will like the way they look but that doesn't mean they look good. Make sense of that, clearly that would be your opinion but not that of the vast majority which is where it will be judged whether it looks good or not.

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Really like the look of the M5. May have to give that a hit when it comes out, see how it compares to my '17 M1. To be honest though, I'd almost rather just buy a replacement M1 head so mine looks brand new again rather than splash out for an M5.

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
General thoughts on this topic are, i have to commend how TM pushed driver designs forward the last 15 years and been adventurous when it comes to designs. Nobody would be interested in new cars if the designs largely didn't change, the same rings true with golf clubs. Youl probably find by mid April m5 will be largely available for £439 or £429

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
This 100% TM seem to bear the brunt of people's anger with the golf industry for no good reason

I think you'll find it's because they've just released a new driver line up.
And they have just replaced a driver that came out a year ago.
Wait until Callaway do the same and they'll be in the firing line.

D

Deleted member 15344

I think you'll find it's because they've just released a new driver line up.
And they have just replaced a driver that came out a year ago.
Wait until Callaway do the same and they'll be in the firing line.
Sorry but you know full well that Callaway don’t get anywhere near the same level of stick that TM do - and Callaway release more clubs - same with Cobra , even Ping getting close

TM have been two a year for 4 years now - it’s regular now and people know it’s going to happen , all the OEM are the same yet TM get the brunt and you only have to read through this forum to see that

Qwerty

Tour Winner
Visit site
Don’t shoot me down. However I have found all the recent (4-5 years) TaylorMade gear to be very uninspiring during the hype stage.

I know a lot of other OEMs talk nonsense in the build up to a release. However the recent TM gear has looked like tat, with only a few exceptions.

These drivers are minging, so were the m3 and m5.

Has to be said that the GAPR range was minging and just mega cheap looking.

Personal preference obviously. However TM gear used to really spark my interest.

Now it’s just going through the motions.

For the record this is not a product cycle frequency dig. Not at all, it’s a buyers market.

The gear just looks gash

And they annoyed me when the stole the soul from Adams golf and release Inferior gear using the patents.

Agree mate. Looks wise - Turd! They look like they’ve been designed by a 5yr old.