M5/ M6 announcement

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Damn I only sold my M1 in August and replaced it with an M4 in October if only had known, I could have waited until someone decided it was not the club for them and was selling it for half price.

Shooter McPowick

Head Pro
Visit site
Will be sticking with my trusty 2017 M1 440.

£500 equates to the fitting fee at Mizunos base at Bearwood lakes (tour experience) - much better experience I think.

Oldham92

Hacker
Visit site
How much!!!!! £500 for the M5 - getting a bit silly price wise and Rick Shiels agrees in his review :-(

Yeah it is ridiculous. Part of what I like about golf is trying to put together a bag that works for me and that I like without buying into the ridiculous price tags. There's so much gear been produced over recent years that there are loads of decent options so I've quite enjoyed hunting for bargains so far.

Dogma

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Any news on the new irons?

I have a Taylormade fitting booked on the 23rd to showcase the new range and presumed it included the new irons.

I’m happy with my M4 and only want some new irons!

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Don’t shoot me down. However I have found all the recent (4-5 years) TaylorMade gear to be very uninspiring during the hype stage.

I know a lot of other OEMs talk nonsense in the build up to a release. However the recent TM gear has looked like tat, with only a few exceptions.

These drivers are minging, so were the m3 and m5.

Has to be said that the GAPR range was minging and just mega cheap looking.

Personal preference obviously. However TM gear used to really spark my interest.

Now it’s just going through the motions.

For the record this is not a product cycle frequency dig. Not at all, it’s a buyers market.

The gear just looks gash

And they annoyed me when the stole the soul from Adams golf and release Inferior gear using the patents.

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
I think those who say they look gash are not really with it and really are not with the times. Like it it or not people buy the product, 2016 m2 was the best selling driver of all time

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
And they bought it purely on looks......pahahahahahahahahahahahahaha:ROFLMAO:
Can you post a link to your claim form the M2 please...(y)

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Support your pro.

All the gear I play with at the moment came from my pro as I've always supported him as best I can. He always gets a chance to quote on gear I'm looking to buy, If he's competitive in price, he usually gets the sale. I don't have money to throw away (unless I'm buying a new TM driver :p), so I will always look for the best price and buy prudent, I certainly won't be buying the M5/M6 at £450/ £500. As it happens now, my lad is working in store at AG so I have another option to buy and will also support him as well if I can.

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
Info came from a pro I'm quite friendly with, he stocks all the major brands so no reason to disbelieve him, and yes I think a lot of people do find them visually attractive so many purchases would have been on looks. Not everyone likes a plain black or grey driver

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Info came from a pro I'm quite friendly with, he stocks all the major brands so no reason to disbelieve him, and yes I think a lot of people do find them visually attractive so many purchases would have been on looks. Not everyone likes a plain black or grey driver

M2 may have been his best selling driver of all time but I doubt it's THE best selling.
After all, it was only in the shops for a year...

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Not everyone likes a plain black or grey driver

ditto

I'm currently on the look out for a black driver as I'm not a fan of the white/ black M2 that I currently play with. Of course that's largely down to my bad golf last year and the fact that I've scratched the hell out of the white paint and it just looks terrible every time I tee up :eek::(:ROFLMAO:. I'm waiting to have a look at the F9 ;)

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
M2 may have been his best selling driver of all time but I doubt it's THE best selling.
After all, it was only in the shops for a year...
No I'm pretty sure he said it shifted the most units in it's life cycle than any other, also m2 in it's 2 formats was in line for 2 years

Wolf

Visit site
I think those who say they look gash are not really with it and really are not with the times. Like it it or not people buy the product, 2016 m2 was the best selling driver of all time
Not with it or perhaps they just have an opinion it does look gash therefore have different tastes to you.

Imo all TM drivers have looked Gash for years with the exception of the White Burner they had.

Can't be said I only like black either as I use a bright blue Cobra driver which to some people may also look gash because they have a different opinion to me.

But to say people aren't with it because they don't like something is disrespectful to people and not accepting of them simply having their own though process and opinion that just happens to differ from your own.