Low Pull

stevek1969

Money List Winner
Visit site
Looking for some advice,when playing today i hit 4 low pulls with the driver they still went a good distance, but what is the cause anybody help.

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
I do this as well. With me I am casting the club or coming over the top slightly. I know what I have to do but every so often I switch off. Its impatience and over eagerness to hit the ball and its infuriating.

Swinger

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Low pulls would suggest to me that you have come from out to in with the swing path and squared the club to the swing path. This would happen more if you cut the ball generally but I'm guessing this isn't a common problem.

Did you hit any cuts today??
Was there any side spin on the tee shots or just straight pulls??

You were probably just a bit off balance at the top of the swing and/or casting the club from the top to cause the out to in plane. Casting can be caused by being off balance but also a quick/snappy transition.

DCB

Visit site
It's the Dark Side I tell you :D

Are you still turning through the ball properly Steve ? Not subconsiously protecting your back when using the Big Dog ?

stevek1969

Money List Winner
Visit site
No Dave its not the Dark Side lol. Got a lesson today and as Swinger said its casting coming over the top worked today on more width and better follow thru ,so some work ahead, cheers for the replies guys.

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
Hi, did he give you any drills or exercises to help achieve that Steve?

I tend to slip back to casting once in a while would be interested to know.

Cheers.

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com

Cheers.

Do you also normally play with a slight draw?

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I have a terrible habit lately of addressing the ball with a closed stance.
If I don't think about it and correct it, a low pull is the normal result as I try my darndest to get back to the ball.

stevek1969

Money List Winner
Visit site

Cheers.

Do you also normally play with a slight draw?

Yes mate was just not giving enough width in my back swing and follow thru, a good player to watch is Robert Karlson have watched a few of him on Youtube this afternoon just to see the width and arc in his swing ,worth a watch Sawtooth

bigbiffa

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
m8, i have the same prob. my last lesson came up with two things that were, shall we say "not helping".

1st. check club position at top of back swing(mine is closed). needs to be square to target line.
2nd. if you are getting ahead of the ball(left side collapsing) you will tend to get "on top" of it, hence the low pull/hook!
Just ideas but these are the probs im working on!

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Since I started turning my left foot out and giving my hips room I've stopped visiting left a lot more. My bad shot was always a quick snap hook with woods and a horrid low pull on the par 3's with an iron