losing / finding a club

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
A few of my PP's have left clubs about the place and always got them back as well. I have left one up a massive hill and had to run back and get it.. never left another since.

same here, left my 9 iron next to the green on the 11th at Inverness Golf club.

got to me ball on the 12th and wanted to hit a 9 iron, then remembered where i'd left it:( anyone who;s played there will know the 11th is way up on the higher Crown level at Inverness and the 12th is a good 100 yard lower, so had to run all the way back to get it:(

Del_Boy

Head Pro
Visit site
Always handed stuff in found on the course including a wallet which was actually the wallet of a mate of mines son. Also always had stuff handed back that I have left on the course. Just thinking out load when bringing a club back to the clubhouse whilst finishing your round could you technically be done for having too many clubs if you already carry 14

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I’ve found a few wedges around the green & handed them in.
Found a G20 5w head,whilst looking for my ball amongst the trees a few year back.
Gave it a clean and got it reshafted 
Still theft!
I don't agree. I don't know what the letter of the law would say, but if you've tossed a broken club into the trees you're not putting it there for safe keeping are you? You've thrown it away and thus it ceases to be your possession. Not the same as accidentally leaving a wedge by the green.

I've left clubs next to a green once or twice over the years, but always remember during the round and ran back to find them. One of my mates last year was playing his first round with new G400s he'd spent a fair whack on and left the pitching wedge by a green. You should have seen the blind panic on his face when he realised and started running back down the course! There was no one immediately behind us though and he found it a few holes back, luckily.

I've never found a club (intact anyway) lying on the course I don't think. Found infinite numbers of headcovers - which I always shove in the bag and hand into the pro shop / clubhouse at the end if no one comes back to collect - but never found a club. If I did I would most likely do the same, put it in the bag and hand it in at the end if no one collected it.

Mark1751

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Just a thought but if you find anything on the course would it not belong to the club itself and not finders keepers As it’s on their land etc?

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
I’ve found a few wedges around the green & handed them in.
Found a G20 5w head,whilst looking for my ball amongst the trees a few year back.
Gave it a clean and got it reshafted 

If you had a £300 driver and the head flew off into the rough during a swing and you couldn't find it, would you not hope that if someone did find it they'd hand it in?

pogle

Head Pro
Visit site
Always handed stuff in found on the course including a wallet which was actually the wallet of a mate of mines son. Also always had stuff handed back that I have left on the course. Just thinking out load when bringing a club back to the clubhouse whilst finishing your round could you technically be done for having too many clubs if you already carry 14

No.

Decision 4-4a/8
Retrieving Another Player's Lost Club
Q.A player carrying 14 clubs found another player's club on the course. He picked up the lost club, put it in his bag but did not use it, and handed it in at the pro shop when the round was completed. Was the player in breach of Rule 4-4a for carrying 15 clubs?

A.No.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
If you had a £300 driver and the head flew off into the rough during a swing and you couldn't find it, would you not hope that if someone did find it they'd hand it in?

I'm absolutely gobsmacked that someone wouldn't hand in a club (head) they found never mind boast about keeping it on the internet. I've found a lot of kit in my time, from a TM R15 3 wood with a very expensive shaft to a battered old Pinseeker wedge. They have always been handed in.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
I'm absolutely gobsmacked that someone wouldn't hand in a club (head) they found never mind boast about keeping it on the internet. I've found a lot of kit in my time, from a TM R15 3 wood with a very expensive shaft to a battered old Pinseeker wedge. They have always been handed in.

It really did come up good as new after a quick soak.
Bit gutted the head cover didn’t come with it tho ☹️

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Some of the places I have found broken clubs the owner clearly did not want it back.:D

Green Bay Hacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Strange that this thread was started today as when I was doing my warm up before todays round I found that my pitching wedge was absent. Searched the car but still no joy. I last played on Sunday in an inter club individual competition at our track and must have left it somewhere greenside on the last few holes. As there were about six groups behind me I thought that someone was bound to have handed it in but no such luck.

I am hoping that someone put it in their bag and just forgot about it when they finished the round but with there being players from half a dozen clubs playing it is unlikely they will go out of their way to bring it back. :angry:

While I was searching the locker room, I found an old Donnay oversize P wedge on the lockers so I took that for a run out. Boy, did it look ugly, but it did a reasonable job around the greens at short notice but will not called on again.

Well, well, well. I'm a happy bunny. Live is full of coincidences and lucky breaks.

A mate and I took our better halves for a bit of a pub crawl round Conwy tonight, which is about 6 miles away. We were on about our fourth pub and my mate had gone to the loo and I went in just as he was coming out. There was another guy already in there but I didn't really take much notice of him. As I relieving myself he called my name and I looked round and it was one of the guys that I played with on the day I lost my club. He immediately asked if I had lost a PW as he had found an extra one in his bag.

I was gob smacked. Apparently, I must have put my club in his bag instead of mine at the end of our round. To the best of my knowledge I have never ever seen him in a pub before so for all those circumstances to fit together tonight must have taken some doing. Also, earlier in the evening my palm was itching which is supposedly a sign of coming into money, getting the PW back certainly saved me some money. Another coincidence or not?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Well, well, well. I'm a happy bunny. Live is full of coincidences and lucky breaks.

A mate and I took our better halves for a bit of a pub crawl round Conwy tonight, which is about 6 miles away. We were on about our fourth pub and my mate had gone to the loo and I went in just as he was coming out. There was another guy already in there but I didn't really take much notice of him. As I relieving myself he called my name and I looked round and it was one of the guys that I played with on the day I lost my club. He immediately asked if I had lost a PW as he had found an extra one in his bag.

I was gob smacked. Apparently, I must have put my club in his bag instead of mine at the end of our round. To the best of my knowledge I have never ever seen him in a pub before so for all those circumstances to fit together tonight must have taken some doing. Also, earlier in the evening my palm was itching which is supposedly a sign of coming into money, getting the PW back certainly saved me some money. Another coincidence or not?

Wow, that's incredible. Congrats mate. Glad it wasn't stolen as well, so you don't have to quite lose faith in humanity yet.

inc0gnito

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Glad you got it back! We’ll have to start writing our initials on clubs just like our mums did to our clothes in primary school 😅

sadly I had no such luck. My wedge is in someone else’s bag now.

ademac

Q-School Graduate
Visit site

Do you hand in any balls you find?

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
After this thread popped up leaving a club behind had been more on my mind so last time out I asked my mate to hold my wedge whilst I putted out as he had finished the hole lol

ademac

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
If you found 20p on the pavement, would you hand it in to the police?

No I wouldnt. I also wouldnt hand in any balls that I found or the head of an old club but then I'm not the one taking the moral high ground and calling out theft.