Looking for advice to hit my Driver > 300 Meters

Jip

Visit site
Hi,

I’ve challenged myself to hit a driver 300 meters (and I won’t stop until I’ve reached my goal! 😉). I’m documenting the journey, and my best so far is 283M, but I haven’t been able to get any closer since. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Click one of the links below to see my stats and some of my best shots:

Jip

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Look at some long drive guys and what they do.

Big shoulder turn, bigger hip turn, left ur left heel come up on the back swing.
You have loads of speed left in the tank.

Screenshot_20241012_064531_Samsung Internet.jpg

Reactions: Jip

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I am not a teaching pro but at one time a good long hitting player.
I can see so much wrong with that swing (in particular initial set up, what is happening with your feet and weight transfer) my advice would be get some lessons and learn how to swing better to get more distance.

Pants

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Not doubting you for one second but how do you know what distance you are actually getting? Physically measuring it or relying on dubious tech? Not sure that I've come across a normal driving range 300M long.

Are you using range balls - if so perhaps using distance balls from a well known manufacturer might give you more apparent length. So many unanswered questions :unsure:

Enjoy your journey:)

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Hi,

I’ve challenged myself to hit a driver 300 meters (and I won’t stop until I’ve reached my goal! 😉). I’m documenting the journey, and my best so far is 283M, but I haven’t been able to get any closer since. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Click one of the links below to see my stats and some of my best shots:

Jip

My lad hit one just shy of 300 when he was 11 years old - Vistabella Golf - 6th hole, slight dogleg to the right.

He nailed one straight over the corner of the dogleg, big bounce off the cart path, then ran another 50 yards or so down the middle of the fairway.

So there's your answer, land it on something hard and bouncy... 🤣

Seriously though - you're probably not asking in the best place - hitting the ball a long way is frowned upon by some folks on here, and to be honest, the forumers are probably more concerned about you wearing jeans and a tee shirt to the driving range..

Looking briefly at your videos, I'd say increasing your physical strength in key areas would be a key part of making up that last bit of distance you are after.

Last edited: