Looking for a 3 hybrid to get me off the tee, what should I be looking for?

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I can not hit my driver at all it is a right pain in the ass, I will have to work on it at the driving range but in the meantime I want a 3 hybrid and not sure which brand / model to go for? What is long and forgiving? Want something to get me off the tee box and down the fairway.

Will be looking at used market to keep cost down.

I have a 4 hybrid which is a callaway xr regular 22 degree which I have had around a year and it goes around 180-190 80% of the time unless I mess my shot up.

Any recommendations appreciated please :)

Get a lesson/fitting/gap test - test a few hybrids against your 4 hybrid, I found that when I got my hybrid that a 2 hybrid worked far better in gaps etc than a 3 as it sat too close to my 4iron. You may even consider a wood instead. I swap in and out a 5 wood depending on weather/time of year.
As far as brands I'd look at what takes your fancy - do you like the fairway style hybrids (Taylormade SIM/Cobra Speedzone etc) or the more compact iron like ones (Callaway Apex 19/Titleist TS3 etc)
Most brands of hybrids tick the long and forgiving box so fill your boots. Enjoy getting a new club.

3-off-the-tee

Visit site
What do people on here make of Adams clubs? I use a tight lies 4 hybrid off the tee 90% of the time and find it quite an easy club to hit.

My mate has an Adams Blue 3&4 hybrid and they are a joy to hit in my opinion.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
What do people on here make of Adams clubs? I use a tight lies 4 hybrid off the tee 90% of the time and find it quite an easy club to hit.

My mate has an Adams Blue 3&4 hybrid and they are a joy to hit in my opinion.
Adams are well known to have made good woods and hybrids.

I had their Blue hybrid though years ago, was the first hybrid I ever bought. It was as a light as a feather though, was like swinging an inflatable club. I couldn't hit it to save my life. :LOL:

robinthehood

Hacker
Visit site
Adams are well known to have made good woods and hybrids.

I had their Blue hybrid though years ago, was the first hybrid I ever bought. It was as a light as a feather though, was like swinging an inflatable club. I couldn't hit it to save my life. :LOL:
I just bought and quickly sold 2 adams hybrids. They were very inconsistent, I think too light is what they were.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have a 3 and a 4 hybrid Adams super S idea. I bought 2nd hand, they work for my distance gaps. They probably are light, but I don’t seem to be bothered by that. I can’t see the point of updating them as they meet all my criteria.
I do think the OP should think about a fairway wood.. if it’s second hand and few years old go 4wood (callaway xhot .. long shaft though, is very good) or a 5 wood from the last 3 years something with hot tech for ball speeds ... you will get a carry of 215-225yards and the roll will be what it will be.. the 5 wood would give an off the deck option as well.

D

Deleted Member 1156

Currently had at least 8 lessons spread over about 15 months but we have been focusing on the iron swing. Think I will ask for a driver lesson next ?
You don't have different swings for irons and driver, just alter your setup position. Most driver faults are the result of trying to hit the ball too hard. Swing smoothly and focus on hitting the ball better NOT harder.