Lofoton Links, Norway...

• Thread starter Deleted member 1147
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 1147

...anyone played it, recommend it, heard good rumours etc?

D

Deleted member 1147

I’ve found a golf break there next June...you get the chance to tee it up at midnight 🌤☀️.
It’s very expensive though, so can’t decide whether to take the plunge?

D

Deleted member 25172

...anyone played it, recommend it, heard good rumours etc?

I listened to a Swedish golf podcast last week where they ran through the top 100 Nordic courses and they placed Lofoten as number 14, up from place 30 from the previous list that the Swedish golf magazine did. Not sure if that says that much, but yeah. It looks absolutely stunning, that's for sure.

TheDiablo

Challenge Tour Pro
Banned
Visit site
NLU played there last year, did a good write up and video about it from memory. Looked amazing, proper bucket list golf.

User2021

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Played it last year, not all that.

Of course you did.
Your attempts to be controversial are becoming more desperate.

Anyone who has been on their website and looked through the photo gallery, will know it looks a magical and stunningly beautiful part of the world that happens to have a very nice golf course.

andycap

Head Pro
Visit site
Cannot speak for the golf , but if your heading that way , golf would not be very high on my to do list . It is a stunning country and if the northern lights appear, assuming there is not 24hr daylight , you will remember it for ever . my view is , Sod the golf just go !

User 99

Assistant Pro
Banned
Visit site
Cannot speak for the golf , but if your heading that way , golf would not be very high on my to do list . It is a stunning country and if the northern lights appear, assuming there is not 24hr daylight , you will remember it for ever . my view is , Sod the golf just go !

It's not quite 24 hour daylight, from about midnight til about 2.30am it's like dusk, not quite light but certainly not dark.

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
This is a simply STUNNING part of Europe that will live in your memory for a lifetime should you make the effort to visit & can stand the expense.
I’ve a sailing pal that skippers a Norwegian yatch so a few years had the pleasure of a 15 days cruising & climbing from Tromso to Lofoton @ 50 euros a day 😳..... simply unforgettable!! So expensive to get to & even dearer when there that you rarely meet anyone who’s done it.... so just Do It!!

D

Deleted member 1418

If I win the lottery over the next few months then I'll do it!! 😂😂

My birthday is 15 June so I could ask for it from the missus and family........🤔😂😂😂

Bigfoot

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Lofoton Islands and the North of Scandinavia are a superbly scenic place to visit whether summer or winter. I'm not sure my wife will go again after our coach crash !! High winds blew us off the road after we came out of a tunnel on the Lofotons. Emergency services mobilised. Emergency plan started and local town took us in and fed us and another put us up that night.That was in the winter but the summer is a much better time to be there. Expensive, as you say but the area is well worth visiting. i would love to go and play golf there though.

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
24hr daylight in June with the possibility of mid-night sun.... went up 4,000ft peak at 2 in the morning.... got well tired as there was not the usual reasons to sleep.... especially as we were operating to ‘sea time’.

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
In Europe I think there is only St Kilda, off the Hebrides that is more remote & difficult to get to as well as STUNNING.
Doubt there’s 6 folk on this Forum that have been there. Now there’s a bet!!
Soz... no golf but the most ‘remote’ snooker table in the UK 🤣

D

Deleted member 15344

In Europe I think there is only St Kilda, off the Hebrides that is more remote & difficult to get to as well as STUNNING.
Doubt there’s 6 folk on this Forum that have been there. Now there’s a bet!!
Soz... no golf but the most ‘remote’ snooker table in the UK 🤣

Yep I have been to St Kilda and it’s not a nice flight into it , well the landing with the winds isn’t nice but it’s a stunning island

D

Deleted member 15344

Chopper? No airstrip I can recall..... though it was 30 years ago :eek:

Yep there is a helipad there at Village Bay with some basic comms and landing equipment that I used to service every 2/3 months.