Loch Lomond bound

• Thread starter Deleted member 25172
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 25172

So, seems my better half's friend is getting married on a boat up at Loch Lomond next year. The prepared survives, as they say, so. I'll obviously won't get a time at Loch Lomond Golf Club unless a good samaritan on here can hook me up, so which courses around there should I turn to in order to get my golf fix?

Backache

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I played the Carrick last year and really enjoyed it. I thought the lay out and shape of the holes were very good and the views are fabulous. It was pretty much towards the end of the dry spell though they had had a little rain and I can see why people don't like it, the turf isn't the best and must be a pig when wet. I wouldn't like to have it as my home course but get it in good weather with good views and I suspect most would enjoy it.
I've not played it but the other course in that region that I've known a few members of who always like it is Cardross.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Some absolute nonsense being spouted about the Carrick.

The Carrick is a very good layout with some absolutely tremendous golf holes. Hole 4 through to 8 is excellent with some more great holes on the back 9. The scenery is also fantastic.

I've never played it in great condition, it's just always been ok or wet! That is it's down fall. It's a cash cow pure and simple. It's to generate money and bring in more guests to the hotel and cottages.

As has been said it is usually wet under foot if conditions have been less than favourable, then again it is built on the side of Loch Lomond so the water can only drain so far!

Well worth playing but don't expect tip top condition, it's generally just "ok" condition wise.

(OF COURSE THAT IS ONLY MY OPINION. 😉)

User20204

Visit site
First time myself and a mate played it we lost 17 balls between us, 17, me 9 him 8. I play off of 5 he plays off of 7, so we're no mugs, second time I played it, I lost 5 balls, that's 14 balls in two rounds of golf, it's a no from me.