Lets play a game....... Guess my mood.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
After recently missing the 4th round of the Surrey golf tour through work commitments I was even more hacked off with what happened last week, the phones bleeps off that I have a text and its none other than Scott jd. After a bit of gas bagging I'm offered a nice foc ticked to today at wentworth, but due to two big meetings for work I've got to decline. A bit pissed that has had to take priority twice in as many weeks we move on.... And I accept its a day that I won't be attending.

So Monday this week comes and my phone bleeps. From another mate the text reads " got two tickets for Thursday at wentworth with BMW hospitality.... Do you fancy it?" As per the first invite I've got three high priority appointments booked which have to come first and include a site inspection inspection at 6:30 tomorrow in Oxford so in the same fashion I have to decline. ...... As you can imagine I'm now slightly irate but hay hoooo we build and bridge and get over it.

So today.... The final straw, my first of the two meetings goes to plan and I nail 50% of my annual quota with one client, I've been working on it for months but it all comes together and I want out of there one chuffed puppy, off for a bit of lunch and then onto the other meeting that's promising good fruits for this financial year. The meeting goes as planned and although not as good a nice bit of eye candy in their office, some nice coffee and its been a productive day, when right at the end the client who I've played a few rounds with says " so how's the golf.... I'm off to wentworth tomorrow ... Got free tickets" and a general chat I relive the horror of the above two offers to which he says " fancy Friday, got two tickets doing nothing with hospitality included, we have tickets for thurs, Friday, Saturday and Sunday, but the the rest are taken"

Thinking yes... My luck has come in I advise I'll get back to him later ones I've spoken to my boss........ Gets home and texts the boss.... To my horror to find a manager has gone sick of another store, my boss is covering Friday and I'm covering my branch.

I simply cannot enter enough angry faces here, 3 different offers of free tickets, two with hospitality and not one option to be able to go. :sbox:

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
We went today and it was great...
oops , sorry you didnt want to hear that did you :ears:

Bad luck bud, there is always next year, book some time out

kev_off_the_tee

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I think that some extra golf time is on the cards and I'd be hinting at the boss. 50% with one client is fantastic

I think this is the only place where we can learn from the Americans. I know a few of my suppliers owners in the US have some plush holiday homes and if any of their staff perform well they may get a weekend or more as a reward. One of them has a holiday home in florida along with a corporate agreement with Disneyland for parks passes which they can use for hospitality for potential customers, senior staff and outstanding performers

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I've heard that their greens are cr@p at the moment.

:whistle:

Oh how true!

They were the worst I've seen them, I was there on Tuesday and very few putts made the cup and I spoke to my coach, Paul Page, who was helping Kent player Richard Wallis, and he commented on how bad they were

timchump

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I'm surprised you don't need time of work yourself for stress related issues, and what better way to unwind than a trip to wentworth