Lessons in Hertfordshire or Bedfordshire

Big Bandito

Hacker
www.stevenagegolfclub.com
Hi everyone

With the new season upon us, I'm determined to make a great start so I'm looking for lesson recommendations. I'd like to treat myself to an hour or two with a really top teacher in Herts or Beds. Someone who finally will get my swing sorted out - they will have to be a genius!!

Any recommendations would be gratefully received. Thanks!

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Hi everyone

With the new season upon us, I'm determined to make a great start so I'm looking for lesson recommendations. I'd like to treat myself to an hour or two with a really top teacher in Herts or Beds. Someone who finally will get my swing sorted out - they will have to be a genius!!

go and see Ed Morton at EM Golf, nice guy and an excellent teacher with state of the art indoor facility

https://emgolf.co.uk/

D

Deleted member 15344

If you want someone independent from a golf club there is

Custom Lab in Hitchin - https://www.customlabgolf.com

There is also Lee Scarbro at John O Gaunt

Our place also has three good pro Ams at Leighton Buzzard

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Thanks Fundy - looks like a great setup he's got there!

yeah its top quality, has fixed cameras, GC2 plus all the newer tech he's recently introduced and Ed is excellent, very knowledgeable and a good communicator, if you want to get outside for lessons pretty sure he has an agreement with one of the local courses too. also, its just you and him in the studio for a lesson so 100% focussed

User 105

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I use Joanne Oliver at Chesfield Downs. Really good coach, doesn't overcomplicate things and helps you work with what you have rather than trying to get you to fit a blueprint.

She does get really busy though so can be hard to get a lesson at short notice.

Other close option is Bryan Lewis, Tom Lewis' Dad, down at Welwyn. Used him and had great results, but that was about the time when Tom was hitting the headlines so he just got too busy and could never get a lesson. I suspect he's not as busy now.

Last edited:

RW1986

Head Pro
Visit site
Hi everyone

I have my lessons from Barney Puttick up at Mid Herts golf club, he has taken me down from 17- 9.7 in 2 years.
very knowledgeable and a great guy.

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Matt belsham at White hills (not far from Stevenage) is good.

He is very popular though, so may be good for one or two longer sessions, but may find it tricky to get a regular half hour with him.

A lot will depend on your own preferences though. Matt and (say) Bryan at gosling have quite different approaches, so whatever one of us thinks, you may find that one suits you much better than the other.