Lesson with Rick Shiels and Peter Finch

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Rick Shiels and Peter Finch very kindly donated a lesson each with proceeds to go to the Help For Heroes charity.

Lessons are for one hour, and would normally cost £75. Rick and Peter are based in Lytham, at the Lytham Golf Academy, having recently moved from the Trafford Golf Centre.

I imagine the lessons will appeal most to those living in the North West, but anyone can of course bid. You could even buy both lessons, though I believe they teach on different days.

I am sure Rick and Peter will look after the winners, and having met them at West Hill, can confirm they are real gents.

Bidding to start from £30 per lesson, and the auction will close at 21.00 on Sunday 18th October.

If you would like to bid, just put the name of the person you would like the lesson with and an amount on this thread.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
No time limit Robin, but some probably need the lesson sooner than others.;)

Cheers, they've got some great kit in that Quest studio, obviously being where it is I'd just want to get a game in whilst up there the day after if I'm successful, somewhere like Fairhaven which I like, but not over the winter ;)

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Cheers, they've got some great kit in that Quest studio, obviously being where it is I'd just want to get a game in whilst up there the day after if I'm successful, somewhere like Fairhaven which I like, but not over the winter ;)
Have you played St Annes Old Links ? Looks really nice in their videos.:thup:

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Have you played St Annes Old Links ? Looks really nice in their videos.:thup:

Yes, I found it a little flat & boring, it was a horrible rainy day also which i dont usually let cloud my judgment but I did say I'd give it a second chance, not sure we have any forumite members there though?

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
Yes there is ;)

It's not got spectacular Hillside-esq dunes, but its a proper old school type links and a subtle test that grows and grows on you the more you play it. It hosted the Womens Amateur this year and has the Boys Home Internationals next year. It's always in immaculate condition.

Let me know when your up and we can make a plan. I'm only a country member so the restriction is that I can only sign people in after the competition on Saturdays, but can play any other time.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Yes there is ;)

It's not got spectacular Hillside-esq dunes, but its a proper old school type links and a subtle test that grows and grows on you the more you play it. It hosted the Womens Amateur this year and has the Boys Home Internationals next year. It's always in immaculate condition.

Let me know when your up and we can make a plan. I'm only a country member so the restriction is that I can only sign people in after the competition on Saturdays, but can play any other time.

I think I was spoilt the year I was up in the NW playing a lot, playing West Lancs, Hoylake, Formby, Hillside, Wallasey and even Silloth, so by comparison St Annes Old Links didn't wow me and the weather that day was horrid, but if I'm successful with a bid then I'll make a couple of days of it next summer and contact you Andy, maybe get a few of the boys & girls together :thup:

Last edited:

NWJocko

Tour Winner
Visit site
I think I was spoilt the year I was up in the NW playing a lot, playing West Lancs, Hoylake, Formby, Hillside, Wallasey and even Silloth, so by comparison St Annes Old Links didn't wow me and the weather that day was horrid, but if I'm successful with a bid then I'll make a couple of days of it next summer and contact you Andy, maybe get a few of the boys & girls together :thup:

Welcome at Fairhaven for a game aswell Robin if you're up here for a couple of days :thup:

You'll enjoy St Anne's if the weathers better, really good course.