Lead weights

• Thread starter Deleted member 1147
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 1147

I use a Ping Craz-E putter - I like it as it is good for lining up. But it just doesn't feel comfortable to putt with - large and unweildy. Especially if I go to a course with fast greens.

I recently won a Ping B60 - which is also good for lining up, (as per the Ping website) is about the right size, but is a little too light for my liking.

My question is: I know people put lead tape on some clubs, is this allowed and does it affect the clubs basic quality/use?

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
My old putter was a reasonable weight, I've just bought a new MD putter which I love the look of but it was a little lighter than my old one. I got a couple of stick on weights that we use at work to balance car wheels and stuck them on the back. They work a treat and I'm much happier with it. Don't think it's illegal to stick weights on any clubs...but I've been wrong before!

andiritchie

Journeyman Pro
HOTMAIL.COM
It is allowed just it cant be put on mid round or if it comes off has to be put back on.

its worth a try i got some lead tape from b&q or somewhere similiar which is used for windows,it might take a bit of fiddling to get it right and even if it dont work it just pulls off

I think to alter a clubs swingweight 12 grams need to be used which is a lot of lead hence why club makers use tungsten weights