Laughter - the best medicine

Pants

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
317922408_716602973162410_2569368470427314688_n.jpg

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
As I was leaving the house this morning I noticed a little bearded old man sitting on a toadstool with his head in his hands.
"Are you a goblin?" I asked him.
"No, I've got a headache" he replied.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
The crusader outfits at sports events have been around for a while and have always amused me. They seem to be based mainly on the Knights Templar. Any of this type of Crusader from England were part of the French speaking nobility and ruling class. Maybe a fancy dress depicting Saxon resistance to the Norman conquerors would be more appropriate. No idea how any outfit would be able to depict this. Mind you, the Saxons around that time were speaking a form of old German. Why not go back even further and dress as Celtic warriors resisting the Roman conquerors? They spoke a language that has similarities with Welsh.
The English do tend to have trouble understanding their own heritage.

Whilst this is possibly true, was anyone there at the time?, they were still from England. Language evolves over time, and still is. Once upon a time people used to say Poleece, now they say Pleece. Just coz England has been successfully invaded loads of times in it's history, because most just glanced over their shoulder, rolled their eyes and said, "They'll soon clear off once they get fed up of 8 months of winter", so have had difference languages to speak, does not mean that they are not still after all, English.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Whilst this is possibly true, was anyone there at the time?, they were still from England. Language evolves over time, and still is. Once upon a time people used to say Poleece, now they say Pleece. Just coz England has been successfully invaded loads of times in it's history, because most just glanced over their shoulder, rolled their eyes and said, "They'll soon clear off once they get fed up of 8 months of winter", so have had difference languages to speak, does not mean that they are not still after all, English.

Well you cannot pleece everybody.

Pants

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Top money saving tip:
Turn off your fridge to save electricity and open the door. And the windows.
You're welcome.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Top money saving tip:
Turn off your fridge to save electricity and open the door. And the windows.
You're welcome.

That reminded me of what I was doing yesterday - defrosting the freezer, I was tempted to just leave the food outside where I had left it to stop it from thawing out.