Laughter - the best medicine

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
The wife's face is black and blue, she has a broken nose and can only see out of one eye.

What happened ?

A bee landed on her nose in the kitchen.

Did it sting her?

It was going to but luckily there was a heavy frying pan handy.

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Just had the best scam phone call ever.

"This is a call from the National Crime Agency. We have noticed a series of dubious transactions on your National Insurance number. It will be suspended unless you take immediate action. Please stay on the line and one of our representatives will be available to help you".

Unfortunately I was not able to stay on the line as I had to defur the kettle. Anyone who falls for anything like that deserves to lose everything and not be allowed to bitch/complain/cry to the banks/media for what happens to them.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site

"This is a call from the National Crime Agency. We have noticed a series of dubious transactions on your National Insurance number. It will be suspended unless you take immediate action. Please stay on the line and one of our representatives will be available to help you".

Unfortunately I was not able to stay on the line as I had to defur the kettle. Anyone who falls for anything like that deserves to lose everything and not be allowed to bitch/complain/cry to the banks/media for what happens to them.
I get quite a few calls from mobile numbers where you answer it, there's a pause and then a robot voice starts talking - I just hang up immediately. I hope no genuine companies are using robot voices for their calls because I won't be listening!

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site

I just wait and ask for the details to be sent to my work email. Funny enough when I get to the ".police.pnn.uk" bit they hang up :ROFLMAO:
Though not sure I agree with the anyone who falls for it - think of the vulnerable or say someone with autism - I mean I can't say to someone that's been beaten up - It's your fault you got assaulted because you can't fight back properly.

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I just wait and ask for the details to be sent to my work email. Funny enough when I get to the ".police.pnn.uk" bit they hang up :ROFLMAO:
Though not sure I agree with the anyone who falls for it - think of the vulnerable or say someone with autism - I mean I can't say to someone that's been beaten up - It's your fault you got assaulted because you can't fight back properly.

I know what you mean but when you read some "sob story" in the papers about an idiot woman who has sent over £50K in various installments to someone she has only spoken to on-line ... sorry no sympathy at all.

Swinglowandslow

Visit site
I know what you mean but when you read some "sob story" in the papers about an idiot woman who has sent over £50K in various installments to someone she has only spoken to on-line ... sorry no sympathy at all.

It's natural to think, " oh , how the hell did they fall for that one.?" Etc
But you need to think that not all people are as adequate as you are now.
Will you be like that when 80 and living alone, possibly?
This society has many inadequate ( against con artists etc ), meek, and very decent people who just want to live their lives in peace.
They should be protected.
As a society now, there is too much tolerance of ' streetwise wide boys', and the Calvera ( magnificent seven) mantra " If God didn't want them to be fleeced, he wouldn't have made them sheep".

Beedee

Assistant Pro
Visit site

I know everyone's sense of humour is different, but I'm not 100% sure this classes as "Laughter the best medicine".

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've just received an out of office message that says "I am currently out of the office returning on Monday 20th August 2018". Didn't realise I was working with a time traveller!