• Ireland

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Wildrover

Tour Rookie
Visit site

All the classic arguments that a swindler comes up for hogging Saturday mornings IMO.

Well have to agree to disagree as we share almost no common ground on this.

For the record this non-swindler is 37 making you older and therefore ever so slightly more crusty than I :p

But I do have a youthfull outlook on life. ;)

Hard_Rocca

Visit site
Toon Army - I think you've pretty much missed the point and I repeat what I said earlier in that if the roles were reversed and the ladies played their comps at weekends and you had to play Tuesdays, your view would be a bit different.

Plus if you're a 15 handicap, from the mens tees she better than you as well mate!

barb

Head Pro
Visit site
Hi Dinx
it's nice to hear that there are ladies out there who do want to play and progress in club golf and give the guys a run for their money ;) keep it up.
I play with the guys on a regular basis and find I learn alot from them and it does help to improve my golf and I like you work full time so the only time I can play is on a weekend unless I take annual leave.
Happy golfing
Barb
:cool:

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
Your welcome dinx! welcome to the forum, stick around and help aliB and barb to even up the numbers a bit ( a tiny bit)

toonarmy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
However one mail really annoyed me & I have to get it off my chest!
Toon - whatever you call yourself, if you'd bothered to read the posts that my brother has put I'm not trying to compete with men because I think I'm too good for the women. I'm asking to play in these competitions because ladies day is a Tuesday & I work, therefore I get to play virtually no competitive golf & that's all I want to do.
I understand that everyone has the right to their own opinion but quite frankly you should definitely put your other foot back in the dark ages & stay there!

Get the chip off your shoulder and re-read before you start attacking me. I did not say I thought you think you are too good to play with women. I was making a general comment on the notion of women playing in men's events across the board and responding to the topic on a wider context than your personal matter (which I don't touch on).

If you care to look past your reactionary ranting, you'll see that I open with advocating removing the gender aspect from golf altogether as I don't see any reason why women should be treated any differently from men in golf. A level playing field is after all what golf is better at than any other sport with its handicap system.

If that makes my views from the dark ages, then turn the light off please. Check your facts before spouting off next time please. :mad:

toonarmy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Toon Army - I think you've pretty much missed the point and I repeat what I said earlier in that if the roles were reversed and the ladies played their comps at weekends and you had to play Tuesdays, your view would be a bit different.

Plus if you're a 15 handicap, from the mens tees she better than you as well mate!

Haven't missed your point, just chose to make a different one. You're absolutely right in that if the roles were reversed I'd be narked but I'm equally narked that they're not in your situation. At my club, the ladies play on weekends just as much as the men - as it should be. Like I said, I fail to see where you've got the idea that I was advocating women being relegated to weekdays or minority status as my post indicates nothing of the sort.

Yes, she is better than me (after today, I'd struggle to think who wasn't...) but again that has no bearing on this at all.

It is worth pointing out that we have men on here who don't play competitive golf that are just as excluded from the weekend golf as the women to whom you refer.

Perhaps you should spend some time lobbying the club to balance the fixture list out? If a Yorkshire farmer can run a club with sexual equality, surely anyone can! :D