Ladies British Open.

Dave3498

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
It's Saturday; we are on the third day of the Ladies British Open at Sunningdale and I can't find a single post or comment on the event. There's a lot to say about Michelle Wie and her antics, but not a word about one of the Women's Majors, on our own shores. I think it's very sad. Are we interested in golf, or are we only interested in men's golf?

I for one will be in front of the TV all this afternoon and tomorrow for the final day. If you would-be improvers want to learn how to swing the club, I suggest you tune-in. You'll learn more from the ladies that you ever will from the men.

barb

Head Pro
Visit site
Well said Dave3498.
I for one am not able to watch it all but I'm catching snipitts when ever I can. I do find the ladies golf much more enjoyable to watch.
I went to the English ladies open at the Oxfordshire at the beginning of the month and it was amazing to watch. :cool:
It's a pity that there isn't more coverage of the ladies game.

RGuk

Tour Winner
Visit site
Dave.....me and the miniRGuk are watching, when we can!

I'm all for learning from the ladies.......stylish swings and some great touch.......

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
I almost never get to watch any golf as I work Thurs-Sunday, But I do have it on today seeing as I am bed ridden with the a nasty case of what I think is food poisening! I love watching the women....er play golf!

nomadpaul

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Women play golf ?.......scandalous ;)

I'm watching as i type. I agree with the smoothness of their swings . There is a definite gracefulness with these young ladies. Love to see them putt....No , that's a lie . I like to watch them bending over to pick the ball out of the hole. Me ? Sexist ? Never :D :D :p

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
I dont really like the ladies swings, I am very influential and if I read to much into them I will end up swinging like jim furyk in slow motion. However, watching anyone, male or female good enough to play at pro level really inspires me to play.

D

Deleted member 1147

......... i would stand behind gulbis everyday of the week

For such an attractive lass she has a dog ugly game - even putts look bad!

D

Deleted member 1147

Is it me or are these girls better from 70yds inwards then many of the men?

Except maybe the putting!

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
Is it me or are these girls better from 70yds inwards then many of the men?

Except maybe the putting!

funny that, Alliss has just said that a few years ago they were really poor inside 100 but have improved out of all recognition.

as to putting, there's a tiny Japanese girl who hasn't missed a putt all day. her swing though is almost stop-motion.

quite amazing how many asians there are at the top of the leaderboard.

a piece of pure Alliss " it intrigues me though, the size of them, the length of their swing and it's all moving parts."

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
I bet every single one of those ladies would have you wrapped up by the 10th golfandmoregolf

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Just a point but notice how the tv cuts away at the end of scheduled coverage before the last pair putted out on the 18th. Not a chance in hell of them doing that to Padraig or Monty.

Dave3498

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I'm please with the response to my post - good and bad. At least some of you are watching, which is somethimg I suppose. You have to admit that for girls under 5' tall, hitting the ball further than most of us, is quite astonishing, and thier short games are stunning.

DCB

Visit site
I agree with IMurg, Could you imagine the extended Wimbledon coverage being cut off dead just when the programme should have ended? Just shows that the BBC are just paying lipservice to yet another sporting event. Very poor coverage indeed.

Tommo21

Tour Winner
www.royalmusselburgh.co.uk
TBH I watched some of it but I’m disappointed in the BBC’s coverage. I watched Janice Moodie play a great shot into one hole, we never seen the putt and the next time we seen her she had pulled back 2 shots. They don’t have many cameras out on the course especially when the commentator didn’t know if one girl when playing her shot was in the fairway bunker or not. Was that sand I see coming up she must have been in the fairway bunker said the commentator. They had no camera near there and no roving reporter to say what was happening. Sorry people the coverage at times was shocking.