Knockouts

stgolf37

Visit site
So I have entered both the Net and Scratch Individual KOs at my Club and have reached the Last 16 in the Net and Quarters in the Scratch. The next rounds in the Net and Scratch are against the same opponent....questions is, do I challenge him to play both KOs simultaneously or on separate occasions? I am leaning towards separate occasions.

JayB

Visit site
Separate, even if you were permitted to play both comps simultaneously, if you have a bad day you don't want to go out of both comps at the same time.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
never thought of that....as in the Net I am giving away 8 shots.
So if you did play them simultaneously you could easily be winning in one match and losing in the other? That would confuse the hell out of me. 😅 Knowing whether to play aggressively or conservatively depending on whether you're up or down. :unsure:

Springveldt

Visit site
So I have entered both the Net and Scratch Individual KOs at my Club and have reached the Last 16 in the Net and Quarters in the Scratch. The next rounds in the Net and Scratch are against the same opponent....questions is, do I challenge him to play both KOs simultaneously or on separate occasions? I am leaning towards separate occasions.
When did they start? I've not even played my first round match yet in our knockouts, doesn't need to be played until the end of next month.

As for the question, I'd definitely do them separately.

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Play them separate. Play the nett first and if you beat him easily he might give you the scratch game anyway. That has happened to me before. Beat a guy 6/5 in the nett and he said it’s pointless playing the scratch.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
When did they start? I've not even played my first round match yet in our knockouts, doesn't need to be played until the end of next month.

I assumed they were last year's ones delayed by the weather. 😄

stgolf37

Visit site

I live in Cyprus so we don't have a 'closed' season, we just role on year after year. Last comp of the year is in late December, first of the year is within the second week of January.