Kirkland Signature vs Pro V1

Trini swinger

Medal Winner
Visit site
Ladies, Gents, Anyone been able to play these yet? A very interesting review posted on mygolfspy.com which has a comprehensive review and test of these balls. Apprently around 15 GBP a box from Costco (although not suprisingly out of stock at the moment). Hit by all handicaps and tested on launch monitors, and numbers for the ball are extremely close to, if not better than PRO V1. Also might be worth checking out Peter Finch's latest "tech Tuesday" on youtube where he makes some interesting observations that might have 'knock on' affects for premium ball makers not top far down the road if these balls really do stand up?

D

Deleted Member 1156

What do you mean by figures that are "better" than a Pro V1?

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Don't think they are, but I saw on facebook the other week that Today's golfer said they would be available from January here.

that would be cracking. $15 a dozen in the US even if they sell for £15 a dozen here they will be a bargain.. testing well against the Pro-V1 .. Ive got 5 boxes of Titleist Velocity left and 6 boxes of Bridgestone E6, they will last a while but once I am out I will be definitely giving these bad boys a go.

Trini swinger

Medal Winner
Visit site
What do you mean by figures that are "better" than a Pro V1?
In respect that they may even spin a little more off the wedges if that's what you need? I use pro v1 at the moment, but now seen 3 reviews and the figures are very similar. Willing to give. Them a go, but the graphics are a bit amateurish!!

turkish

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Seen peter finch discussing the figures from my golf spy on youtube.... one of the figures is less spinny on a driver but more spinny with wedges compared to a pro V1?

My mind can't compute how this is possible (was never great at physics) but how can this be? Does it morph into a different ball when you are hitting it. I would think less spinny on driver would = less spinny with wedges and vice versa

G

guest100718

There'll ways be doubt in your mind that your playing an inferior ball.

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
Seen peter finch discussing the figures from my golf spy on youtube.... one of the figures is less spinny on a driver but more spinny with wedges compared to a pro V1?

My mind can't compute how this is possible (was never great at physics) but how can this be? Does it morph into a different ball when you are hitting it. I would think less spinny on driver would = less spinny with wedges and vice versa

This is what ball design and manufacture is all about!

The use of different cores, mantles and covers, dimple patterns .....

Put simply, in the context of your 'does it morph' the answer is that more central elements if the balls construction will come into play the higher the club head speed at impact - and there is more club head speed with a driver than a wedge!

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Yes, expect this.

Would still be £5 cheaper than pro v1 lol

however this is Costco not a normal shop. It's all about the customer. Their return policy is amazing and now they do petrol dirt cheap

i expect no more than £20 a dozen

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Prov1 is a good ball but there are quite a few balls for much cheaper already that are just as good. e.g. Chrome Soft that can be found for about £25/dozen.

All other Titleist balls (nxt, velocity etc) seem rubbish to me.

I doubt that I would rush to Costco to buy these and they will never become popular in the UK.

mikejohnchapman

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Prov1 is a good ball but there are quite a few balls for much cheaper already that are just as good. e.g. Chrome Soft that can be found for about £25/dozen.

I doubt that I would rush to Costco to buy these and they will never become popular in the UK.

AD333 Tours are good also.

drdel

Tour Rookie
Visit site

That's one heck of a clear crystal ball you have !!