keepin quiet

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
if your game is going badly there is a good argument for keeping it to yourself - it's catching!

played a medal today, after reading threads yesterday on short driving, hooks, pulls, putters going dead and what have you.

worst score in living memory - thanks guys!

minty18

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Come on the steve, what was the damage?

I'm playing in a fourball at your place on Friday, I'm not allowed to book a tee time though, i just have to turn up, is that right?

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
embarrassing! tbh the front 9 wasn't that bad, especially with the birdie on 7 but the back was truly awful. I did manage to keep double figures off the card.

There is no need to book a tee except at weekends and then usually only the mornings - it's deserted come mid afternoon.

twilight rounds, which seem to be getting earlier, I think after 2pm but I'll check, are £15

Friday is usually very busy - societies abound, occasional block outs. However I'll be playing Friday pm myself - definitely need the practice now (doubles semi next week) - but if I see you in a lake I'll lend you the ball retriever!

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
If your handicap is in the low 20's then there's no need to worry about having a shocker and it's hardly embarassing (well I wouldn't say so). I'm playing terrible right now (the past 4 months) fatting them, thinning them, blocking them, losing them right if I'm not hooking them left.... swaying, tilting, sliding... all of that, so I wouldn't panic, you just play with what you have on the day regardless of the score. Practice is the only thing that'll put you on the straight and narrow, as long as you are practicing the right things of course :)

Chin up! :D

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Used to be a member of a club within our club called the H.O.O.K.E.R.S
Hell-bent on Overall Kourse Enjoyment Regardless of Score.

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
oh, I enjoyed the game, good company. Colin was having as bad a time (first time I'd played with him) so Fay whopped us both.

After a couple of months of good results I went in with high expectations. Got to get this better, doubles semi next Friday, followed by The Belfry, singles semi and society comp.
I'll be out tomorrow - practising.