Keep hitting a massive slice..?

In_The_Rough

Tour Winner
Visit site
Probably swinging out to in. This causes side spin ie the slice. It always is exaggerated more by the Driver and the woods. Perhaps load up a video? Bob is your man anyway sure he will be along shortly

stevelev

Journeyman Pro
www.ecclestonparkgolf.co.uk
No experts but check your fundamentals and ball position.

This is where most faults begin, I know that's where my slice comes from.

I'm sure Bob will be along soon to ask for more info, and give sound advice.

Mods is this for 'ask the experts'

Threeoffthetee

Club Champion
Visit site
I lie awake at night daydreaming of my old slice.......you lucky lucky lucky bugger. Try snap hooking everything longer than a 4-iron for size!

On a serious side, slicing could be caused by a couple of simple to fix things. Were you fitted for your driver? Using a stiff shaft when you need a regular could cause this. Also try not to force a draw by lining up wrong as this only makes things worse. GM has published lots of good articles for slice fixing...try looking at the advice pages for information.

miniTIGER95

Assistant Pro
Visit site
No experts but check your fundamentals and ball position.

This is where most faults begin, I know that's where my slice comes from.

I'm sure Bob will be along soon to ask for more info, and give sound advice.

Mods is this for 'ask the experts'

I've tried to check fundementals on the range, I.E ball position, grip, stance, giving myself more room, standing closer, I also tried putting more emphasis into my follow thru but nothing has changed. :(

miniTIGER95

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Probably swinging out to in. This causes side spin ie the slice. It always is exaggerated more by the Driver and the woods. Perhaps load up a video? Bob is your man anyway sure he will be along shortly
OK thanks, how will i know if im swinging out to in? and i will try and upload a vid tommorow, cheers.

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
You will be swinging out to in then. My honest advice would be to seek a pro's help. Its not a easy thing to remedy. Be prepared for hard work and a soul destroying journey.
(This is coming from a former slicer of the ball)

Good advice and be prepard to take a step or 2 back before going forward.

Heidi

Tour Rookie
Visit site
slices are horrible - you lose so much distance
could be a variety of things - mine comes and goes - usually cos i've turned too much and the driver isnt square at impact
go to the pro!! ;)

DaveM

Tour Winner
Visit site
Many things will cause a slice. So best to see a pro for a lesson. Just one thing. The reason you see it more with the driver or any low, lofted club for that matter is. The less loft, less backspin. So the side spin you put on with your swing. The more it shows. The more lofted clubs have more backspin, so helping to counteract the side spin. Keeping the ball straighter.

Writing this on mobile so excuse any mistakes?

Last edited:

miniTIGER95

Assistant Pro
Visit site
No worries. Have a look at any of the guys vids that apply to you as he is very good. He does a weekly swing clinic as well which is every Tuesday.
Cheers yeah seems really helpful, il try and work on what he said at the range tommorow, il take my phone so i can remember everything haha