Justin Thomas

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Albanach

Head Pro
Visit site
Clearly you already made a huge U-Turn on the above already but come on... The guy slammed his putter into the surface HARD, three times... He then consistently let go of his club till it ended up in the crowd. He must know this makes him look bad! Its just not acceptable.

Don't think I made a u turn but imo slamming a wedge down in the fairway is a lot less reprehensible than doing it on the green.

Banning him or anyone from the next WGC for that is a non runner - a fine possibly but no a ban.

Alex1975

Tour Winner
Visit site
Don't think I made a u turn but imo slamming a wedge down in the fairway is a lot less reprehensible than doing it on the green.

Banning him or anyone from the next WGC for that is a non runner - a fine possibly but no a ban.

You just don't seem to know if your coming or going... The OP is about the slamming of the putter by the hole on the putting green.

Moving on you said the "we" who we critical of that should "back off"... Phil called you on it and you made a complete U-Turn.... and we are back live and your talking about a wedge in the fairway? I can`t keep up.

Last edited:

lukeysafc100

Head Pro
Visit site
I can understand your frustrations on the subject. But the lad is 23 and will learn how to cope with these aspects of the game! End of day, yes he needs to curb the temper with the club throw and that - but these people are humans not robots -sometimes emotions get the better of you - think about it next time you get road rage or stressed at work!! I'd rather them show some emotion unlike the old robots of the world ie. monty and the like!

D

Deleted member 15344

I can understand your frustrations on the subject. But the lad is 23 and will learn how to cope with these aspects of the game! End of day, yes he needs to curb the temper with the club throw and that - but these people are humans not robots -sometimes emotions get the better of you - think about it next time you get road rage or stressed at work!! I'd rather them show some emotion unlike the old robots of the world ie. monty and the like!

I have no idea what Rory or Rahm did but it doesn't matter what you age is any golfer is taught to show respect to the golf course and golfers.

Slamming your putter down on the green is disrespectful to the course and the greenkeepers that worked very hard to prepare those greens.

Should be punished for it - the dropping and throwing the club is just as poor - and he isn't some new player to the game. He has been on tour a number of years.

His behaviour yesterday was the worst kind of teddy throwing and sanctions should be applied

Dasit

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Hatton did the same last week after missing a short putt on the final day.

Are we banning him for a week too? Or do we need to measure the indent made into the greens and have a predetermined dent allowance?

Spear-Chucker

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Dear Points of View,

Couldn't help but be outraged to the virtual point of combustion by the performance of Mr J Thomas in that golf thing-er-me-do last night. An utterly appalling state of affairs that should immediately invoke the banning of all forms of the game. Not seen anything like it in all my days.

Wng Cmmr Tarquin Smyth-Chucker DFS (r'trd)
Cheltenham

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
When Rory was acting like a knob people were saying "he's just a kid" even into his 20's.

Where's the same line when someone else does it?

because rory, most of the time is a well grounded happy chap. that's clear to see. but Justin Thomas is just a big sulking kid!

GreggerKBR

Head Pro
Visit site
How about the Tours should fine the pro's for "ungentlemanly conduct" like this and the proceeds should go to the marshalls and green-keepers.
That should p$ss them off enough to stop them doing it. :)

(just don't watch me play!)

D

Deleted member 15344

When Rory was acting like a knob people were saying "he's just a kid" even into his 20's.

Where's the same line when someone else does it?

I can recall when Rory both snapped his club , toothache and threw the club in the water he was criticised for it

Thomas stepped it up a level with the smackin the putter numerous times on the green possibly causing damage and then launching the club into the crowd. If Rory had done either he would have faced the same response.

Does anyone think it's acceptable behaviour ?

snell

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
For smashing his putter three times into the Green ?? DId you see it ? It was shocking from a pro or from anyone , anywhere. It sends a bigger message if you let him get away with it.

Yeah for doing that.

Maybes someone have a quiet word with him, or maybes a fine.. But suggesting a ban is a bit harsh in my opinion.

drewster

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Yeah for doing that.

Maybes someone have a quiet word with him, or maybes a fine.. But suggesting a ban is a bit harsh in my opinion.

I understand that everyone has a different and perhaps more tolerant view on these things than me but i know that if i did that at my place in front on anyone on the committee I'd get kicked out of the club , i have no doubt about it . Greens are sacred in my opinion.