Just when you think America can’t get any crazier…

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
I blame the right wing media for telling their viewers they are at war with almost everyone.
A scared and armed population is not a good mix.
Judge, jury and executioner

Mandofred

Visit site
The Brits complaining about the US and their big cars.....shazam....same here.
The Brits complaining about the fat US people....shazam....same here.
The Brits complaining about junk food on every corner....shazam....same here.

It takes a few years....but for some reason the UK picks up on a lot of bad habits elsewhere.

Just a Yank that's tired of people thinking that other people are "worse". I could start talking about Brits on holiday in Spain....even worse than the Yanks?

stefanovic

Medal Winner
Visit site
Copied from Wiki:
The rate of gun ownership is 3.3 per 100 people in the population in Great Britain (England, Wales and Scotland) compared with the US rate of 101, thirty times higher. The annual rate of gun homicide per 100,000 of the population is currently 0.03 in Great Britain.

How many more times are the NRA going to say that the answer to gun crime is more guns?

Mandofred

Visit site
Copied from Wiki:
The rate of gun ownership is 3.3 per 100 people in the population in Great Britain (England, Wales and Scotland) compared with the US rate of 101, thirty times higher. The annual rate of gun homicide per 100,000 of the population is currently 0.03 in Great Britain.

How many more times are the NRA going to say that the answer to gun crime is more guns?
I agree with all of that. Just tired of the Brit "we are better than you" crap.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site

It takes a few years....but for some reason the UK picks up on a lot of bad habits elsewhere.

Just a Yank that's tired of people thinking that other people are "worse". I could start talking about Brits on holiday in Spain....even worse than the Yanks?
Not guns it doesn't.

D

Deleted member 15344

Obesity rates - US = 42% , UK = 25 %

UK has nowhere near the same level of “big cars” as the US

And the UK have had take aways and junk food for decades

the US will always win hands down when it comes to obesity and people owning guns killing each other and of course their weekly school shooting

But they are thick enough to believe that the solution is more guns.

One day someone will be brave enough to stand up to the NRA but then they would prob be shot

Mandofred

Visit site
What points that then? You was moaning because people were highlighting how crazy it is getting in the US.
I live in the UK.... I like it here. But...have you ever read something that complained about the Brits being so bad at....."insert negative comments"....and got pissed off because it was only true of "some" Brits? That's a constant for me in the UK (and Germany, and Japan).

SOME Americans are......bad people. Some. Yet....people on here just label Americans in a certain way. Very....bad.

The gun issue....I've lost one of my best friends because I objected to his views on guns. I have pasted the deaths per 100k numbers to quite a few people. Already from responses......predudice stererotype comments about American loving guns. Not biased?

Can I make a list of negative UK views? Yes.....Obesity rates in the US versus UK? Yeah Phil....its worse in the US....but what's the trend? The point I made earlier which flew over your head......things are getting worse here at the same time they complain about "others" being worse. Come on......Range Rovers EVERYWHERE. At least in the US the roads are big enought to take them. Countries make excuses for their own bad traits.....while knocking other countries. Can't you see this? I can....I've seen what I consider horrible American views......but when another country makes similar comments it's OK. It's not OK for Americans.....it's not OK for Brits.

Can anybody on this site list a bunch of horrible traits for the UK? I think you can. Can I list a bunch of horrible traits for the US and the UK....yep. Can I see the difference between objective criticism and just whining? I'd like to think I can.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
I live in the UK.... I like it here. But...have you ever read something that complained about the Brits being so bad at....."insert negative comments"....and got pissed off because it was only true of "some" Brits? That's a constant for me in the UK (and Germany, and Japan).

SOME Americans are......bad people. Some. Yet....people on here just label Americans in a certain way. Very....bad.

The gun issue....I've lost one of my best friends because I objected to his views on guns. I have pasted the deaths per 100k numbers to quite a few people. Already from responses......predudice stererotype comments about American loving guns. Not biased?

Can I make a list of negative UK views? Yes.....Obesity rates in the US versus UK? Yeah Phil....its worse in the US....but what's the trend? The point I made earlier which flew over your head......things are getting worse here at the same time they complain about "others" being worse. Come on......Range Rovers EVERYWHERE. At least in the US the roads are big enought to take them. Countries make excuses for their own bad traits.....while knocking other countries. Can't you see this? I can....I've seen what I consider horrible American views......but when another country makes similar comments it's OK. It's not OK for Americans.....it's not OK for Brits.

Can anybody on this site list a bunch of horrible traits for the UK? I think you can. Can I list a bunch of horrible traits for the US and the UK....yep. Can I see the difference between objective criticism and just whining? I'd like to think I can.
Unless you missed it the thread is about America, so I'd suggest that's why people are only commenting on the good old USA.
If you wanted to start a thread highlighting the UKs flaws I'm sure you would get plenty commenting 😂

Mandofred

Visit site
Unless you missed it the thread is about America, so I'd suggest that's why people are only commenting on the good old USA.
If you wanted to start a thread highlighting the UKs floors I'm sure you would get plenty commenting 😂
And maybe you should start a thread on the GOOD things about "the good old USA".....there are some......but it doesn't sound like you are listening......

RichA

Visit site

If you live in the UK you must have noticed that the 💩 state of this country is second only to the weather, in terms of subjects of conversation.
Also, if a country declares itself the leader of the free world, it does rather set itself up for the rest of the free world to have an occasional pop.

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site

I understand you will be prickly about criticism of your old country but c’mon all the things highlighted in this thread are pretty much indefensible. If I am wrong please point out what things are unfair.

Mandofred

Visit site
If you live in the UK you must have noticed that the 💩 state of this country is second only to the weather, in terms of subjects of conversation.
Also, if a country declares itself the leader of the free world, it does rather set itself up for the rest of the free world to have an occasional pop.
I can live with that......as long as it has some realistic oomph behind it.

Has the UK news ever stated that the US is the leader of the free world? .......the answer is yes. Although......if you would have referenced that to 50+ years ago I might have agreed with it. Now? .....nope.