Just discovered some people/golfers are pig ignorant

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
So you were standing at the urinals and he looked down at you? Oh dear, a gentleman would have kept his eyes up.

Anyway, maybe he saw something which left him short of words.

If your life is such that a curt exchange with a stranger in the gents is enough of a shocker to stimulate a forum post for all the world to see, I guess the rest of your life must be pretty good.

Once more Ethan your comments contribute nothing. For an educated man you are missing something in your life. Come back when you find it and enlighten us when you find it.

D

Deleted member 15344

Craigg you have hit the nail on the head, I had just left a pal of mine 20 mins earlier. I have not seen him in a year since he was made redundant. When I left him he was sat in a wheelchair right arm in a sling. Face and body bloated from the chemo and radiotherapy he has has from the brain tumour they found 4 months ago. He has 6 months tops to live. I left there having had a good trip down memory lane with him and two others. They both thanked me for goin as others who he worked with for years don't want to see him.
i drove to the golf, thinking am gonna enjoy this round. It emphasised what I already knew through my job ( medical attendant last ever in Notts) that you cannot put things off. I was gonna enjoy today which I did, and the first person I talk to struggled to say four words to me.

He was going to the toilet ?!! What did you expect from him ! Seriously ?

D

Deleted member 15344

Once more Ethan your comments contribute nothing. For an educated man you are missing something in your life. Come back when you find it and enlighten us when you find it.

But the premise of the post is spot on

I feel uncomfortable when someone starts talking to me when I'm going to the toilet ?!

Tashyboy

Visit site
A bloke who served in the army struggles to talk to someone in the toilet.

am all ears.

D

Deleted member 15344

A bloke who served in the army struggles to talk to someone in the toilet.

am all ears.

I wasn't in the army

And is it really that big a deal if I would prefer not to have full blown conversations which strangers whilst I'm going to the toilet ?!

Three

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Without knowing how many urinals were in play and where each player was stood in relation to them, it is impossible to give a ruling.

If the OP can fill us in on these details we may be able to seek clarification of the correct etiquette from the R&A (Royal Armitageshanks) in due course.

:D ha ha

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
I didnt stand there and pee in front of them all !

Oh Gawd you're not one of those who pees in the shower are you :D Seriously having played rugby from yonks ago where sharing baths with team mates was second nature I dont have a problem chatting away in the loos, sorry if some find this strange.

Tashyboy

Visit site
One of the things that rubbed me up is I am concious of the amount of threads that I have read on here when it comes to members not being friendly, clubs being clicky, etc etc. Most people have come across this and commented on here about it. It was the first time I have come across attitude, and it got to me.
I spoke to our chef about it 10 mins later at the halfway house and he says some of the guys you would give a sausage cob to for nowt they are that nice. But others he could throw sausage cobs at the customers. To the best of my knowledge they don't order them in the lavvy.
Is it the person or the golfer.

C

c1973

Tashyboy;1383147 [B said:
One of the things that rubbed me up [/B] is I am concious of the amount of threads that I have read on here when it comes to members not being friendly, clubs being clicky, etc etc. Most people have come across this and commented on here about it. It was the first time I have come across attitude, and it got to me.
I spoke to our chef about it 10 mins later at the halfway house and he says some of the guys you would give a sausage cob to for nowt they are that nice. But others he could throw sausage cobs at the customers. To the best of my knowledge they don't order them in the lavvy.

Hopefully not the stranger in the toilet?

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Craigg you have hit the nail on the head, I had just left a pal of mine 20 mins earlier. I have not seen him in a year since he was made redundant. When I left him he was sat in a wheelchair right arm in a sling. Face and body bloated from the chemo and radiotherapy he has has from the brain tumour they found 4 months ago. He has 6 months tops to live. I left there having had a good trip down memory lane with him and two others. They both thanked me for goin as others who he worked with for years don't want to see him.
i drove to the golf, thinking am gonna enjoy this round. It emphasised what I already knew through my job ( medical attendant last ever in Notts) that you cannot put things off. I was gonna enjoy today which I did, and the first person I talk to struggled to say four words to me.

Maybe the bloke who struggled to say 4 words to you had just received some bad news himself?

Craigg did indeed hit the nail on the head; whilst it costs nothing to be polite, you know absolutely nothing about that guy's life, issues or circumstances and maybe you should give him the benefit of the doubt rather than trashing him on an internet forum because he didn't talk to a complete stranger whilst trying to take a leak. :rolleyes:

D

Deleted member 15344

Oh Gawd you're not one of those who pees in the shower are you :D Seriously having played rugby from yonks ago where sharing baths with team mates was second nature I dont have a problem chatting away in the loos, sorry if some find this strange.

You can yap away but don't find it rude if someone doesn't feel they can have a full blown convo with you though

Grieve14

Head Pro
Visit site
I don't think anything will shock me more than what happened at my course a week or 2 ago...

I headed to the 1st tee when I saw some mates on the putting green. I walked over and had a quick chat, but left my trolley on the path as I was only going to be a minute. During that time a couple of older guys, about 60/70, came past and moved my trolley whilst saying "great place to leave your trolley", I said I was really sorry to which one of them replied with expletives and walked off!!

Kind of wish I had my wits about me but it was early and I was a bit shocked!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
One of the things that rubbed me up is I am concious of the amount of threads that I have read on here when it comes to members not being friendly, clubs being clicky, etc etc. Most people have come across this and commented on here about it. It was the first time I have come across attitude, and it got to me.

I would say you might be able to judge or comment more if it was in the pro shop, first tee or car park...but the toilet?

D

Deleted member 15344

He was go to the toilet for goodness sake - what did you expect him to do ?!

The issue is with you and judging someone based on how they react to a stranger talking to them whilst they are going to the toilet

C

c1973

I don't think anything will shock me more than what happened at my course a week or 2 ago...

I headed to the 1st tee when I saw some mates on the putting green. I walked over and had a quick chat, but left my trolley on the path as I was only going to be a minute. During that time a couple of older guys, about 60/70, came past and moved my trolley whilst saying "great place to leave your trolley", I said I was really sorry to which one of them replied with expletives and walked off!!

You should have snuck up on them and shouted boo! Might have finished the old codgers off.

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site

And the significance of their perceived age was?

andycap

Head Pro
Visit site
Put this one in the search option , i dont think you will find another one on the subject:) will it get in the mag next month :confused: unbelievable