Jumping on someone else's booking?

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
My contact details are on the club website, if they ask in the pro shop they know the members who are happy to take people round and I’m in a number of WhatsApp groups so that mates can contact me and ask to join. I’m not looking to hog a 4 ball slot for myself, just fancied 9 at 4 pm today and can’t be arsed to chase round to find a partner.
See your point .
Sometimes I just want a few holes to work on chipping putting etc around the greens.
I get behind a fourball this gives me time.
If they offer to let me through I just say thanks but don’t worry about me.
Anyone behind I just let them through while I have a putt.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Just wondered, we use BRS and apart from the Secretary holding the information, we don’t have access to other members personal information.

We have a members directory on the site which is only accessible via a log in. Members have a choice to leave their contact details visible which is phone numbers and personal email. If the member switches that off, they can still be messaged by the club messaging system.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
A couple of weeks ago I joined a new club and was looking for a round. I checked the tee sheet on IG and saw a single player at a time that suited. Contacted him through the app and he was more than willing to add me to his (now 3 ball) booking. Got on so well with them we have played as a fourball ever since.

D

Deleted member 16999

It’s a message service on the app.
Dosnt give any details just contacts them .
But there is a section on club website to put your mobile number etc if you want to. Knockouts etc.
How do you contact ops in matchplay comps ?
Draw put on noticeboard and members put their preferred method of contact down by their name.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
A couple of weeks ago I joined a new club and was looking for a round. I checked the tee sheet on IG and saw a single player at a time that suited. Contacted him through the app and he was more than willing to add me to his (now 3 ball) booking. Got on so well with them we have played as a fourball ever since.
That’s how it should work.
But a new golfer can be intimidated a little and shy away from joining others.
Just remember it’s like learning to drive, WE HAVE ALL BEEN THERE ONCE.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I don't expect to be able to play solo if I book a time for which we can still get a full round in.

If I want to play a full round I'll book an empty tee time if I can find one - but I don't expect it to remain empty. If it does then great...if not then fine - I'll be playing with friends I know or friends that will be by the time I've finished.

If I want to play solo then I book a later slot for which a full round is not guaranteed - and always try and leave a time or two between what I book and the last time booked.

I;ve stuck my name down against a 2-ball tomorrow afternoon. I will drop a message to one of them this afternoon to let them know and check if OK. I would not expect them to say No :) If they do then so be it.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Nairns you book the time so its your booking alone, though you don't get many singles playing, The Kings used the same as others have dis and you can add your name to any space on a booking, i supose it makes sense, they want there to be as many people playing as poss

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
See your point .
Sometimes I just want a few holes to work on chipping putting etc around the greens.
I get behind a fourball this gives me time.
If they offer to let me through I just say thanks but don’t worry about me.
Anyone behind I just let them through while I have a putt.

Don't count my clubs this afternoon, there'll be a few recent Ebay acquisitions in the bag for a test drive if I'm on my own. ;)

MarkT

GM Forum Editor
Visit site
I tried to jump in on a former Premier League superstar on the first day back after lockdown. I'd never met him and he quite rightly took his name down, still a bit embarrassed by my behaviour

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I tried to jump in on a former Premier League superstar on the first day back after lockdown. I'd never met him and he quite rightly took his name down, still a bit embarrassed by my behaviour
Why do you think this? Is it not a social part of golf to meet other golfers, particularly as at that point you were fellow members, no visitors playing then.

The counter to that would be if it is almost an unspoken rule to let the bloke play quietly on his own if he wants as it is an escape.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
As I probably said when this thread was first started.

The first player to book is allowed a further 10 minutes to book in those he wants to play with after which time the slots are vacant for any player to book in to.

With the restricted amount of tee times we now have under the new rules all slots are 'precious' the last thing we want is for single players or 2 balls booking all 4 slots.

All spurious looking bookings are checked and removed by the office staff.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
We have a well respected convention. If you want to play on your own, reserve the other 3 places but don't book a peak time. This is monitored by the manager and the pro but very few issues. Same applies 2 or 3.
If you leave a blank it is assumed you are happy to have company.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
We have a well respected convention. If you want to play on your own, reserve the other 3 places but don't book a peak time. This is monitored by the manager and the pro but very few issues. Same applies 2 or 3.
If you leave a blank it is assumed you are happy to have company.
I should have added that the pre-covid roll-ups were at generally recognised times and again were respected by the other members. It is only since covid that we started using BRS.
That in itself has not been an issue but we are now getting a few (initially a lot) of 'furloughed' and 'working at home' members booking in to roll up slots. Quite legitimately of course. A few quiet words and adjustments and it's all settled down amicably.

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site

Wow that’s a shocking post, how on earth can you be embarrassed by that.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Took my name off the booking and booked the slot which was free 30 mins later. Turned up just as the previous group was teeing off.

They were on BRS as a husband and wife and 2 guests. You've guessed it, just the 2 of them playing with no guests...