Jezza

Should Jeremy Clarkson be sacked?

• Total voters

Scouser

Tour Winner
Visit site
As a public sector worker who pays his wages ......if i suggested a client should be shot i would get in to trouble at the very least! .......he has to remeber that the workers pay his wages ,.....knob............but i still love top gear

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
I find him funny and would probably do a load of what he has done on the shows too given the chance. He is getting paid to live the dreams of a lot of young and old guys alike. I also think the poll results speak volumes.

Toad

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Clarkson, May and Hammond get paid to act like kids by the BBC every week, so why should anyone be surprised by his child like answers. If they wanted a serious answer to the questions they would never have asked him would they.
I personally like him as he's not afraid to speak his mind and does not care about who he may upset by his comments.

sev112

Tour Winner
Visit site
i have quite a bit of sympathy for public sector workers, but not total sympathy.

This "we signed a contract in 1965 and we want it honoured" issue - an employer has the right to change T&Cs at any time they want; if the employee doesnt agree, then the employee's choice is simple - they either accept or they do what the contract says and give notice to resign. This is what the law says, it is exactly what my company is doing with us. I'm about to lose critical illness cover which i have had for the last 23 years. Can i do anything about it - no. I could resign but i can't afford to.

Small man / working man always loses out

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site
No. The BBC pay him to be an idiot, and he is fulfilling his job description. Can't be sacked for that.

Question is, why is his view sought on anything other than top gear? Who ever asked for his opinion should be sacked.

Well put Murph.

JezzE

GM Staff
Visit site
Not you Mr. Elwood
Mr Clarkson

Glad you cleared that up... clicked onto the thread half-hoping to find the forum discussing how much they were all going to chip in towards my Christmas present this year.

As for Mr Clarkson, think he would have got away with it if he'd left it at 'should be shot'. 'Executed in front of their families' overstepped the mark by quite a margin whatever you think of those striking.

chris661

Money List Winner
Visit site
As for Mr Clarkson, think he would have got away with it if he'd left it at 'should be shot'. 'Executed in front of their families' overstepped the mark by quite a margin whatever you think of those striking.

He did say he agreed with the strikers but as it was the BBC he had to give an opposing view. People are forgetting that part and focusing on the stupid statement aspect.

D

Deleted member 1418

As a public sector worker who didn't strike, I had a laugh at the comment! If I had been on strike then I still would've laughed - thank god there are still some people out there who speak their mind! To be honest, it's like being called a 'knob' by Smiffy...............! :D

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Wouldnt like to be Clarkson if he ever finds himself in a NHS hospital needing an enema

He might be killed in the rush

Nobody takes Clarkson seriously, he is there to stir things up and to create debate
but he has gone a bit too far on this one

However he has apologised and he should now be allowed to return to counting his millions in peace

Fragger

AuburnWarrior

Tour Winner
Visit site
As a nation, we recently honoured our war dead. As I paid my respects (in the fresh poultry section in Sainsburys) the one thing that I privately thanked all of those brave men and women who died in WWII was the fact that they died so that I would have freedom of speech.

Now, how do you think all of those dead heroes would feel if they could see the stupid furore over Clarkson's comments???

They clearly died in vain!!!