South Manchester weekday pay and play?

North Mimms

Tour Winner
Visit site
Mr Mimms and I are going to a wedding in Stretford in September. We're going up the morning before so that I can have afternoon tea with the Bride.

Any suggestions for where Mr Mimms can go for some golf on his ownsome while his wife quaffs champagne with her best mate?

We're driving up from Darn Saaath (Buckinghamshire), staying in Stretford and my afternoon tea will be in the city centre , he can drop me at a train station .

(Good news is that Manchester United are not playing at home that weekend!)

Canary_Yellow

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Mr Mimms and I are going to a wedding in Stretford in September. We're going up the morning before so that I can have afternoon tea with the Bride.

Any suggestions for where Mr Mimms can go for some golf on his ownsome while his wife quaffs champagne with her best mate?

We're driving up from Darn Saaath (Buckinghamshire), staying in Stretford and my afternoon tea will be in the city centre , he can drop me at a train station .

(Good news is that Manchester United are not playing at home that weekend!)

I don't know the area, so can't provide any actual sensible advice.... however....

I enjoy watching the Golf Mates youtube channel, and for that reason I would be heading to play Chorlton-Cum-Hardy, which I understand is in the area you're looking at.

I'm sure others will be along with local knowledge soon enough, must be quite a few that live and play around there.

North Mimms

Tour Winner
Visit site
I don't know the area, so can't provide any actual sensible advice.... however....

I enjoy watching the Golf Mates youtube channel, and for that reason I would be heading to play Chorlton-Cum-Hardy, which I understand is in the area you're looking at.

I'm sure others will be along with local knowledge soon enough, must be quite a few that live and play around there.
Thank you!
I'm so lazy I didn't Google properly, and I just assumed there wouldn't be anywhere that far into Manchester but Chorlton is a great shout and much closer than I expected. (we're actually staying the night in Chorlton!)
I assumed he'd need to head back out well into Cheshire.

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
Are you a member at Lymm?

I was a full member for a long time at Lymm before moving in with my now wife in Macclesfield (Macc is my home course). Lymm let me have the flexi membership even though they are winding it down. (They don't need it any more and have a waiting list)

Lymm is fairly close by but a little further away than those I mentioned.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Sale, Davyhulme, Didsbury, Withington, Northenden are all nice tracks and close by. Imo, they're nicer than Chorlton.

I think I’d choose Northernden from the list but all the Mersey valley courses are similar. If he hasn’t got time for a full 18 he could consider Ashton-on-Mersey or Flixton - both 9 hole courses.