Jeremy Corbyn

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Really ? Didn't work last time when the Tories were woeful and still won.

Ah, but this then comes back to Beezerks post regarding many Labour supporters refusing to vote Labour with him in charge. For every voter he has energised he has alienated other Labour voters. Give with one, take with the other......

Two woeful leaders, who do you choose?

Wolf

Visit site
Ah, but this then comes back to Beezerks post regarding many Labour supporters refusing to vote Labour with him in charge. For every voter he has energised he has alienated other Labour voters. Give with one, take with the other......

This is the crux of UK politics at the moment people are voting on the lesser of 2 evils (how some see it anyway) so we're at a stalemate but you never know what could happen

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Two words why Corbyn/Labour will not get in. DIANE ABBOTT. Apparantly she is on a trip to Ireland, they asked her if she likes County Down. She said " she preferred it when Carol Vorderman was on it".

If Corbyn gets in at the next GE, he will make Trump look like a genius.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
What a comic line up on Corbyns front bench.
Watson the nonce finder general,
Abbott off with the faries.
Dawn Taylor. Like a parrot sat on Jezzers shoulder mimicking his every word and never capable of an original thought..
McDonnell. Still believes communism is the way forward.
Corbyn himself. Power hungry above principles and lifetime beliefs.

In fairness to them the whole house of Westmonster has shown its true colours recently and its not pretty.

Dellboy

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
He should have forced a GE/ no confidence motion in the latter part of Quarter3: but he/Labour did not want to run the risk of having to handle the poison Brexit chalice

He can’t force a GE without the Tories help and that won’t happen, a confidence vote would get voted down so wasting his time on that, even with all the in fighting going on within the government he can’t do a lot at the moment and seeing as a lot of his own MP’s don’t want him could be a blessing in disguise for us all.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

Two woeful leaders who have both split their parties in two.

In effect we currently have seven different political parties fighting for control.

The nice Tories
The nasty Tories/swivel eyed loons/UDP
The sensible Labour group
The unelectable Labour group
Plaid/SNP/Greens
Lib Dems
UKIP/EDL

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Two woeful leaders who have both split their parties in two.

In effect we currently have seven different political parties fighting for control.

The nice Tories
The nasty Tories/swivel eyed loons/UDP
The sensible Labour group
The unelectable Labour group
Plaid/SNP/Greens
Lib Dems
UKIP/EDL
You are forgetting the SNP have two faces.

D

Deleted member 1418

Surely it's the Tories and Labour who are fighting for control, just like it's always been? None of the others will ever be able to form a Government in Westminster on their own.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
If the red line on freedom of movement was removed, it is quite possible a new agreement could be reached.

Most probably true - but as for Trump and The Wall read May and NoFoM.

Then again - Trump's Wall is turning into a Fence - so maybe May's NoFoM will transmorgify into SomeFOM

As for Corbyn...for me the guy just reeks of inauthenticity

hors limite

Assistant Pro
Visit site
The Andrew Marr show this a.m.. Has Corbyn been taking the same delusional pills as May? He's still peddling the idea that he will win a no confidence vote - sorry, the parliamentary arithmetic makes this a dead duck. Then, having won the subsequent election, he will continue with Brexit while simultaneously persuading the EU to provide access to the single market and the customs union without the need to follow their obligations. At the same time, this champion of Labour Party democracy will blithely ignore the vast majority of members who want to remain in the EU and would like a second vote. Marr made some feeble attempts to encourage the great leader to talk about these things but the prospect of a collision with reality was too much for him.

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
Visit site
The Andrew Marr show this a.m.. Has Corbyn been taking the same delusional pills as May? He's still peddling the idea that he will win a no confidence vote - sorry, the parliamentary arithmetic makes this a dead duck. Then, having won the subsequent election, he will continue with Brexit while simultaneously persuading the EU to provide access to the single market and the customs union without the need to follow their obligations. At the same time, this champion of Labour Party democracy will blithely ignore the vast majority of members who want to remain in the EU and would like a second vote. Marr made some feeble attempts to encourage the great leader to talk about these things but the prospect of a collision with reality was too much for him.

I did watch some of this but not all. I suppose at least you could argue that he has a clear idea of what type of Brexit he is trying to achieve. Plus he did talk sense to me about trying to help areas of the UK that will be likely heavily impacted by a hard Brexit. But as you say, little to no chance of his ideas actually happening.

I'd suggest we thank both May and her team plus Corbyn and his team for their valiant efforts over the last 2 years, but it's clear they are both not up to the job of leading their parties on this subject. So please bugger off, delay article 50 and lets get some new blood in.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
I found him a little difficult to follow on the Marr show today. He said what he wanted for the country, where he could, but qualified it by saying it depends on what the Labour party as a whole decide as he's "not a dictator." So just what are the Labour Party offering? Guess we'll find out when the wider Labour Party tell us. I suppose they are marginally better than the LibDems at present - oh Vince, retire and get some young blood in.

I think its more a reflection on 'management by committee.,' that wider committee being the party as a whole. Management from the shop floor, with thousands of voices diluting good ideas, is prone to conflict and paralysis. Sounds good but in practice, (possibly) chaos.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I did watch some of this but not all. I suppose at least you could argue that he has a clear idea of what type of Brexit he is trying to achieve. Plus he did talk sense to me about trying to help areas of the UK that will be likely heavily impacted by a hard Brexit. But as you say, little to no chance of his ideas actually happening.

I'd suggest we thank both May and her team plus Corbyn and his team for their valiant efforts over the last 2 years, but it's clear they are both not up to the job of leading their parties on this subject. So please bugger off, delay article 50 and lets get some new blood in.
Any views on who this would be?

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
The man doesn’t look like he has had an original thought since 1974... when he first got the top job I thought I don’t like his politics but at least he is principled and sticking to his guns, unfortunately that soon stopped when it come to Europe. Now he would say anything to get in power.

Last edited:

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
Visit site
Maybe it should be delayed so we can have a 3RD peoples vote, ask the people the same question that parliament is having such a problem with......

We accept Teresa Mays deal OR we leave on WTO terms, that is the ONLY question parliament has in front of it. There is no 3rd option, that’s already been democratically decided, twice.

Cool your boots, I meant delayed as in give us more time to negotiate a deal. And as for any third options then parliament who are taking back control may have a different opinion.