Jeremy Corbyn

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Favourite to become the Labour leader........who would have called that one?

I knew Labour had to move to the left to become electable outwith Scotland but did not think it would happen that quickly.

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
I like him on A league of their own, Not watched his US chat show yet. will have to try and catch it. Nothing will beat Smiffy in Gavin and Stacey though..

G

guest100718

I like him on A league of their own, Not watched his US chat show yet. will have to try and catch it. Nothing will beat Smiffy in Gavin and Stacey though..

My mrs loved gavin and stacy. Im not such a fan. It will be interesting to see how he manages running the labour party and his acting career.

S

Snelly

Fingers crossed that he wins. Labour will be unelectable as a government as a result.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
I think a lot of Labour supporters don't necessarily see Corbyn as the ideal sort of leader, but they want to see the version of Labour ideology he espouses represented in the debate. The other candidates are all centre or centre-right and are more like the professional slippery politician with flexible and purchasable ideology that occupies the ranks of the Toey party and which many people despise.

Shame on those in Labour who do not want this debate to happen or who want to deny what is clearly the will of a large share of the party. Shame on the other candidates who have not better recognised this crucial aspect of Labour.

As for going back to the 80s, if that is to a time when Labour does not support faking documents to start unnecessary wars which destabilised the Middle East, doesn't support stealth privatization of the NHS and punitive PFI contracts, and won't support of the City leading to an economic meltdown, then I can't wait to get back there.

Last edited:

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Fingers crossed that he wins. Labour will be unelectable as a government as a result.

Wot he sez.

Labour will have returned to the days of Kinnock & Foot... we need viable opposition, irrespective of who's in govt, if only to stop the excesses of whoever is in power. Equally, a working majority to stop irritating gnats like the SNP - get it, (g)NATS... i'll get my coat.

jp5

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Labour are probably unelectable for a generation anyway, so I hope he gets elected. Will make things a little more interesting to have actual opposition.

6inchcup

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
do what i and thousands of right wing voters did,pay £3 to join labour party and you can vote on the LEADER,they made the rules now they are moaning about not getting the person they wanted and are crying foul,tough luck.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
do what i and thousands of right wing voters did,pay £3 to join labour party and you can vote on the LEADER,they made the rules now they are moaning about not getting the person they wanted and are crying foul,tough luck.

Hahahahaha - heard this on Wednesday, sat around with a load of non-Labour voters. All bar two had joined up to vote for Corbyn - priceless!

jp5

Q-School Graduate
Visit site

Would be quite funny if Labour somehow win the 2020 election with Corbyn as leader due to all the Tory votes.

CheltenhamHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

I really hope this isn't what you've actually done. That strikes me as exceptionally petty, and a really weird thing to do.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
Hahahahaha - heard this on Wednesday, sat around with a load of non-Labour voters. All bar two had joined up to vote for Corbyn - priceless!

Really? The Labour Party membership is about 250,000. There are about 20,000 registered supporters, of whom many are genuine supporters who will vote for a candidate they really believe in, and many more will be joining through the unions. There are probably many people who tell stories down the pub that they have joined. Many are probably telling porkies.

Corbyn probably won't win, because he doesn't have enough first preferences and will get few second preferences, but his performance may help reposition the policies of Labour under a different leader and make them more electable, so your mates down the pub are doing something very useful indeed and their £3 donations will be spent wisely.

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
to be fair, i just heard him on radio 2 and he is the first labour MP i have ever heard talk a bit of sense! I quite liked him and i am a tory boy!

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
to be fair, i just heard him on radio 2 and he is the first labour MP i have ever heard talk a bit of sense! I quite liked him and i am a tory boy!

I think this is a bit like what happened with the SNP after the referendum.
The meja and politco's totally out of touch with what is actually happening, making silly comments [like Blair], and adding to the momentum of the candidate.
The other three are followers, Corbyn is an independent thinker who seems fairly honest for a politician.
Mr Beige may win the day

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
All govts need decent opposition so Corbyn winning is not good for the country. Labour are currently going through the same problems that the tories did during the Blair years. The sooner they get back on track the better for everyone. Yes, really it is.

Corbyn is unelectable to the country as a whole. Anyone who thinks otherwise is deluded or a Tory laughing like mad behind their hands.

Last edited:

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
All govts need decent opposition so Corbyn winning is not good for the country. Labour are currently going through the same problems that the tories did during the Blair years. The sooner they get back on track the better for everyone. Yes, really it is.

Corbyn is unelectable to the country as a whole. Anyone who thinks otherwise is deluded or a Tory laughing like mad behind their hands.

Not sure if Corbyn is electable to the country or not but he seems to be getting quite a bit of support from the Labour party members and union leaders in England and Wales.
The question needing to be asked is why are the other three 'electable' candidates not getting that support?

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Can anyone see Corbyn as Prime Minister? He has and is entitled to his left wing views, he and his supporters can contemplate their 'Yurt Eating' philosophises and navals at will but they don't represent the majority of British voters and as such would press the 'self destruct' button once more for Labour.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Can anyone see Corbyn as Prime Minister? He has and is entitled to his left wing views, he and his supporters can contemplate their 'Yurt Eating' philosophises and navals at will but they don't represent the majority of British voters and as such would press the 'self destruct' button once more for Labour.

The Tory Party's 37% of support barely represents the majority of British voters.

Last edited: