Jeremy Clarkson

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Clarkson has made a career of being laddish, controversial and offensive. It's what he's paid to do and he'll continue to do it. But that still doesn't make it right.

And he's still a git. Have always thought so and I doubt he'll ever do anything to make me change my mind.

Pants

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
That's true for me on absolutely any notable event nowadays.
And this was a notable event??? But you're right. It would hardly have made "news" if no one had started to comment and get their knickers in a twist about it.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
And this was a notable event??? But you're right. It would hardly have made "news" if no one had started to comment and get their knickers in a twist about it.
Well I didn't literally make a note of it but I didn't know what else to call it, other than a thing that has happened. ?

Crumplezone

Visit site
I'm no royalist, but Clarkson has shown himself to be an utter noxious t*rd with no morals whatsoever with his latest remarks. However, they are in line with the S*n's savage, racist hate campaign against Meghan. All because she won't play their games. As her mother in law was hounded to her death by the gutter press, it's hardly surprising.

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Visit site
Totally agree Chris but .... If you put your head above the parapet, expect paid assassins to take shots at you. Just saying :unsure:
Glad you agree ?
But it's the extreme, someone shoots at them with an air rifle,
Not a Clint Eastwood Magnum 45!

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
A marmite guy.

Once upon a time I enjoyed him in Top Gear but as his personality and ego grew it went down a route I couldn’t enjoy. Now he’s just a watered down Piers Morgan, taking obnoxious to another level. Sadly, the new breed of influencers think they need to be edgy, and shock is a weapon they use to achieve or maintain their position.

I try and measure people, not by how loud they are but how gracious they are. Clarkson, and more so Morgan, will never be anything other than louts.

drdel

Tour Rookie
Visit site
A marmite guy.

Once upon a time I enjoyed him in Top Gear but as his personality and ego grew it went down a route I couldn’t enjoy. Now he’s just a watered down Piers Morgan, taking obnoxious to another level. Sadly, the new breed of influencers think they need to be edgy, and shock is a weapon they use to achieve or maintain their position.

I try and measure people, not by how loud they are but how gracious they are. Clarkson, and more so Morgan, will never be anything other than louts.

These people feed off the publicity and the media love to generate controversy. These few posts on Clarkson shows how it propagates, if we only stopped getting so wound up over this bilge we would deny them the oxygen they seek and they'd not prosper.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
These people feed off the publicity and the media love to generate controversy. These few posts on Clarkson shows how it propagates, if we only stopped getting so wound up over this bilge we would deny them the oxygen they seek and they'd not prosper.
Or better still, stop buying The Sun.
Their past history should be enough.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
A marmite guy.

I remember Clarkson gave Morgan a punch in the face at a celebrity event some years ago so I guess you're right there.

Joe Brandt is another who should be added to the list.