Jeremy Clarkson

Banchory Buddha

Visit site
Sad really, it just made him look more out of touch. Basically all he's done is clarify that he tried to use a Game of Thrones reference as a joke because he thought that was something all the kids were into and they'd 'get it'.
Aye perhaps, unforunately his audience is as you've said a rather older crowd, his reference here has passed me bye as I imagine it will have many of them, who will have taken it at face value and thought "well said Jezza". In fairness my daughter had a seating plan based around GoT for her wedding, and came into the reception room to the theme tune. I had to ask her where she got the ideas from, massive whoosh moment from me, I've never watched a minute of GoT :LOL::ROFLMAO:

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
I don't care if it was a reference to/from Game of Thrones - never seen it myself - but it was a vile and offensive thing to say about anyone. (And no, I wouldn't give time of day to anything to do with her. I have no interest in what is she is or does). But I'd not say that, even in jest- nor should anyone else.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
? This thread is hilarious! A bunch of people foaming at the mouth about someone foaming at the mouth,. Haaaa. Oh dear! Haaaaa.

If people in the public eye stick their heads over the parapet there's a good chance it's going to get blown off, however, all three in this comedy of fools are playing the public like a violin.

Have a beer, enjoy some time with your families and don't have nightmares. ?

SyR

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Honestly baffles me that middle-aged and older men can have quite so much hate for her. What has she done exactly? Said there was some racism in the royal family, which is almost certainly true?
Indeed, saying he hates her more than Rose West the serial killer is very extreme?!

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
…and the Chairman of IPSO was due to be having dinner with who yesterday evening? hmm…just as on Sunday the Kuenssberg failed to ask the editor of the Sun anything at all about the Clarkson commentary piece in her newspaper, whilst at the same time she was claiming that the Sun was fair to H&M.

Swinglowandslow

Visit site
Its Clarkson we are talking about here, it's how he earns money. I'm amazed that people take him seriously.

I know what you mean, but don’t you think he has seriously gone over the line.
To talk about someone he doesn’t know, and, like us, doesn’t know anywhere near all the facts, in those sort of terms is outrageous, what I believe to be nasty outrageous.
If he had been talking about your daughter like that , how would your view be then? In private would be bad enough…but to put it in a national newspaper.
And his notoriety as an attention seeker etc is no excuse.
To be clear, I have no interest in the H and M saga, what they all get up to is not worthy of concern, but no one should be described like that without their being some sort of proven heinous criminal.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I know what you mean, but don’t you think he has seriously gone over the line.
To talk about someone he doesn’t know, and, like us, doesn’t know anywhere near all the facts, in those sort of terms is outrageous, what I believe to be nasty outrageous.
If he had been talking about your daughter like that , how would your view be then? In private would be bad enough…but to put it in a national newspaper.
And his notoriety as an attention seeker etc is no excuse.
To be clear, I have no interest in the H and M saga, what they all get up to is not worthy of concern, but no one should be described like that without their being some sort of proven heinous criminal.
If my Daughter was that high profile and poking a stick into a hornets nest then I would expect her to get stung and would warn her as such.

I don't defend Clarkson but I'm not surprised at what he's done. H & M have decided to join the circus so they need to be prepared for the clowns.

Jamesbrown

Head Pro
Visit site
Not many would have seen that column as who buys physical papers nowadays? not many. A few may cling on to the past.
What gets me is those outraged I doubt are the type of people to buy the Sun. Since they aren’t the target audience it baffles me why it gets to them and why they keep moaning about it on social media making it more known to the public.

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Visit site
If my Daughter was that high profile and poking a stick into a hornets nest then I would expect her to get stung and would warn her as such.

I don't defend Clarkson but I'm not surprised at what he's done. H & M have decided to join the circus so they need to be prepared for the clowns.
Nobody can, or should have to be prepared for vitriol like that!