Jaidee's caddy

DaveM

Tour Winner
Visit site
This seems a strange rule. I'm watching the golf at the moment and it appears that Jaidee's caddy has hurt his back. Anyway to cut a long story short. He has asked to use a trolley, but he can't use one as trolleys are not allowed on the European tour. I never knew that.

Last edited:

Ads749r

Head Pro
Visit site
It happened last week to jason days caddie. He hurt his back. He only had 2 people to choose from, his manager or his coach. He wisely choose coach who had never caddied before but the other caddies was helping him to be a caddie. If I was at the welsh open I'd be screaming at jaidee I will carry the bag........please.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I played in a pro am a week or so ago and the pro in my group had his dad on the bag, but with an electric trolley. He mentioned that this would not be allowed on the tour proper. He was not exactly sure why but something on the lines of the trolleys may affect the course, particularly on the fringes of greens etc and as pro tournaments want perfection they would not be happy with that. Visually we also agreed that trolleys would look messy from a tv perspective. Fair enough but mighty tough on the caddies. Those bags look like fair lumps and whilst being Bily Horschel's caddie at the moment would be a great thing it must be a tough do for the caddie with a jobbing pro.

I would be interested to hear if there is an offical answer.

pbrown7582

Money List Winner
Visit site
Pretty sure visual appearance will have something to do with it although they don't have an issue on the senior tour.
at the masters Matt Fitz caddie wasn't allowed to wear sandals as he has to due to medical condition and therefore couldn't take the bag.

Big D 88

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Did i hear the on course commentator say John E Morgan was lurking about, saying he would take over the bag if need be.

I'd love John on my bag,

'Thats the baby!'
'Come to daddy!'
'This is a corker of a hole'

Siren

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Funny that trollies are allowed on the Europro tour which is obviously a feed onto the main tour but not the main tour. I guess pace of play has a lot to do with it too

Phillip Price only uses a caddy when on the main tour otherwise he uses a Powercaddy.