Jacked Loft Police, Look Away Now 👀

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I honestly don't see how this can keep continuing, unless more companies get on the 10 iron, 11 iron bandwagon and we start ordering sets that are 7 to 11 instead of 5 to P or whatever. It's pointless to called them wedges if it's 40° and you need five more wedges after them.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
The lofts on my irons are the opposite, I think the PW is 50.
When playing in PGA events, sometimes I used to play a game at par 3's.
If it was my honour and I hit the green, I'd put the club back in the bag straight away but not all the way, leaving it sticking out about a foot so anyone could see it was say a 6 iron.
Not all the time but a few times I'd watch my fellow competitors change clubs and fly through the green. :whistle:

Mark1751

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I feel that the number on the bottom is now irrelevant, I recently got the Ping g430’s and the lofts are strong, once I worked out how far I hit them I use the most appropriate club, if that’s a 9 iron or a 7 iron it’s doesn’t matter.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
The only relevance is to differentiate between clubs.
Even having lofts on the sole is meaningless as 2 irons with the same loft can go very different distances.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Do people really care about what loft clubs have?
Don’t you all just get on with your own games without caring about other people’s clubs/games?
Something I started to do last year.
In a social round, if someone asks, "What did you hit there?" I tell them the loft. It is by far the best answer. The number on the sole means not-a-lot.
The fact that they ask shows they do care about what irons others have.

Singlefiguregokfer

Visit site
Something I started to do last year.
In a social round, if someone asks, "What did you hit there?" I tell them the loft. It is by far the best answer. The number on the sole means not-a-lot.
The fact that they ask shows they do care about what irons others have.
I imagine they think you’re quite strange quoting the loft