Isolation of the over 70s

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Most of my clubs subscription is over 70 so the course would be empty (y) All for it now :LOL: I think it's going to be advisory rather than mandatory. However, if you showed symptoms then I wouldn't go to the course.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Can't see how it could be mandatory. What would they do if they found you out and about? Arrest you?

Most folk I know who are over 70 and reasonably fit and healthy will ignore this and carry on as normal.

Springveldt

Visit site
Can't see how it could be mandatory. What would they do if they found you out and about? Arrest you?

Most folk I know who are over 70 and reasonably fit and healthy will ignore this and carry on as normal.
My mother in law was saying the same this morning while the wife was explaining that Italy have started fining people who ignore the isolation request. MIL was still adamant she will do as she pleases and won’t be paying any fine.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
My mother in law was saying the same this morning while the wife was explaining that Italy have started fining people who ignore the isolation request. MIL was still adamant she will do as she pleases and won’t be paying any fine.

Mine is 80 and she was saying exactly the same this morning.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
On a bit of a tangent, our subs are due at the end of this month. We have a fair number of over 70s, would imagine quite a few of them are thinking twice about renewing if they are not allowed out the house for months on end.

drdel

Tour Rookie
Visit site
It is a very sensible strategy to reduce the speed of transmission. But people will think they know best and ignore logical advice.

The spread will then be quicker that necessary causing overload on NHS beds and staff. The same gits (i'm not taking any notice brigade) will then be moaning the Government's plan don't work.

Ignorance is bliss up until you become one of the statistics.

RangeMonkey

Visit site
Obviously, no need to follow advice. Experts know nothing. It’s all blown out of proportion, no one is really that ill.

The Spanish ignored advice, just like the UK is now. 2000 new cases and more than 100 new deaths in the last 24 hours.

At least it will be the stupid people who die.

drdel

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Obviously, no need to follow advice. Experts know nothing. It’s all blown out of proportion, no one is really that ill.

The Spanish ignored advice, just like the UK is now. 2000 new cases and more than 100 new deaths in the last 24 hours.

Darwin evolution at its best (y)(y)

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
On a bit of a tangent, our subs are due at the end of this month. We have a fair number of over 70s, would imagine quite a few of them are thinking twice about renewing if they are not allowed out the house for months on end.

Faster play win win.

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site

Who knows.....most didn't expect Spain to move to almost marshal law overnight, they escalated from somewhat lose proposals to be effective Sun night to loudspeaker announcements requesting people to get off the streets in some town centres last night.
Bulgaria had quietly done similar, and the fine for non compliance has been referenced at 5000 local/€2500.
One of my son's was in Prague Sat morning, having been advised that some steps might come into force Sun night at the earliest...a few hours later they had to get a car to Berlin yesterday in order to get a flight home at all (should be on one leaving in a couple of hours) - not a cheap exercise!

I'm not commenting on whats right, or sensible, simply pointing out that any concept of what might happen needs to be compared to the realities of what's happening around us.

48hrs ago I would have thought along similar lines to some of those being aired here. Spain's courses will be closed because only staff will be permitted to travel to the course for the foreseeable future - it's that simple.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
It is a very sensible strategy to reduce the speed of transmission. But people will think they know best and ignore logical advice.

The spread will then be quicker that necessary causing overload on NHS beds and staff. The same gits (i'm not taking any notice brigade) will then be moaning the Government's plan don't work.

Ignorance is bliss up until you become one of the statistics.

If done at the correct time; is now the correct time? Some would say not.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site

As the experts can't seem to agree on what is correct, how do we know which advice to follow; and will ignoring some expert advice be the right thing to do?

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just as a question

This isolation is for their own good as it their age who's at risk

If they decide I've had a good life if this virus takes me out at least ill have been living best I can rather than being stuck inside for 4 months

What could we actually do? If they wanted to risk of course

It's the under 70s who are much less risk

D

Deleted member 1147

...It's the under 70s who are much less risk
Speak for yourself!

I’ve just spent 14 months with a respiratory problem, exacerbated by my 35 year life-threatening asthma & damaged lungs from subcutaneous emphysema when a child.