Isle of purbeck golf course

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Oh I dunno, I found it adds to the excitement. After all, if they are stupid enough to argue with a golf ball hit with a driver then taking one out is doing the gene pool a favour :oops:

I remember 18th hole.. path up right .. after I had teed off family of 5 with 3 young kids appeared.. shouted fore they didn't react

Think I was more shaken than them

gopher99

Visit site
Yep Knighton Heath is worth trip. Nice heathland course with some great holes? Still on the edge of my seat waiting to find out the OP’s budget.
Maybe Solent meads would be more fitting, who knows? ?

We dont have a budget as such, just looking for a couple of nice courses to play. Its between playing two courses in the area, or playing Saunton east and west. Personally I would prefer a couple of hours drive to the bournemouth area, than 4 hours to Devon.

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site
We dont have a budget as such, just looking for a couple of nice courses to play. Its between playing two courses in the area, or playing Saunton east and west. Personally I would prefer a couple of hours drive to the bournemouth area, than 4 hours to Devon.
the issue may be getting on somewhere at the moment. Remedy might let on visitors as they’ve not many members relatively.

Pancho Villa

Hacker
Visit site
Has anyone played this course recently, and would you recommend playing it on a trip to Bournemouth. We are looking at playing this and one other course, so any other course suggestions welcome.
Just played Ashley Wood near Blandford Forum which is about 25 mins from Bournemouth. Course in excellent nick,great views,paid 18 quid for a twilight

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Both! But Queens is worse. The courses are built on common land so the public have right of way and they exercise that right. I've seen people having picnics in the middle of fairways oblivious to the danger of flying golf balls.
Bit like my old stomping ground at Wimbledon Common. You get the ones that know they have right of way and will deliberately walk down the middle of the fairway from green to tee, slowly and deliberately. You get the families that are oblivious to a golf course being there so picnic on the green and wonder why everyone shouts and those that simply wander out from behind bushes or trees without a look. In the latter I've had them walk out as the ball is leaving the club as no-one has seen them and it not miss them by far.