Is St Andrews Old Course really that good?

Is the Old Course really that good?

• Yes, it deserves to be at number 3 in the Top 100

Votes: 26 55.3%
  • Yes, it's the best in St Andrews but maybe not number 3 in UK

Votes: 3 6.4%
  • No, it should be much further down the Top 100

Votes: 7 14.9%
  • No, it's not even the best course in St Andrews

Votes: 11 23.4%

• Total voters

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
havent played RCP, but it looks nice compared to STAOC, but then again TT and even RT look better than STAOC but do they play as well and do you have the same feelings playing there as you would if it was say OW or maybe the newer but highly rated TLC?

who's to know.

Remember this post?

I started reading this (as your replies are usually pretty spot on) but I give up when people insert acronyms all the way through that arent obvious or take ages to work out!....

KVC
AGC

a few seconds more to help old people like me scan a post quicker would be very helpfull thanks.

Posts like this (and you're not alone) really GOMT :smirk:

rant over- sorry

Who's to know indeed! :rofl:

Yer Maw

Head Pro
Visit site
It's a unique course and anyone who thinks it is just a 'good' course should listen to the greats who simply love it for its shot making options and layout. Granted there are about 3 fairly ordinary holes but the back nine is just superb with so many shot options. It isn't brutal or terribly tight, but requires good golf, tests all your game and is incredibly good fun.
When you consider it doesn't have much in terms of setting after the first/last or water etc. then what you get on the lie of the land is just amazing and it is well over 100 years old.
I agree with others who say the more you play it the more you love it and Seve, Tiger and Bobby Jones etc who say winning on The Old Course is the ultimate. So go and learn why they think it as I think those three knew a thing or two.