Is anyone else a left-hander playing right-handed?

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
I am about as left handed as it gets, couldn't throw a ball 10 meters right handed.

But play golf "right handed". Although not sure why it is considered right handed, when my left arm does all the work in the swing, your right arm is basically just along for the ride in a "right handed" swing.
As a right hander this approach to the golf swing suits me, because I fight with my left arm and fist thus keeping my right hand safe for shooting the 45.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I am about as left handed as it gets, couldn't throw a ball 10 meters right handed.

But play golf "right handed". Although not sure why it is considered right handed, when my left arm does all the work in the swing, your right arm is basically just along for the ride in a "right handed" swing.
I don't think it works that way for me. Doesn't feel like it anyway. To me it feels more like an equal partnership where left arm just moves the club in an arc like a pendulum and right arm/hand controls the path and direction, shaft angle, etc.

Skytot

Visit site
I’m a joiner and hammer right handed but saw left handed. Write left handed , snooker left , guitar left . Throw right , tennis right, golf right , cricket right .
I’m gonna mention this to my coach next week lesson.

Surreyboy

Visit site
I don't think it works that way for me. Doesn't feel like it anyway. To me it feels more like an equal partnership where left arm just moves the club in an arc like a pendulum and right arm/hand controls the path and direction, shaft angle, etc.

I started playing my best golf when I learned to preset my right arm in set up, and just let it stick to body while folding in backswing. The left arm is the pendulum i agree, the right arm very much feels like it just needs to be tucked.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I started playing my best golf when I learned to preset my right arm in set up, and just let it stick to body while folding in backswing. The left arm is the pendulum i agree, the right arm very much feels like it just needs to be tucked.
I think that's just something I've never had to worry about. Have been told I shallow the club in transition naturally so I haven't had to think about where my right arm goes really.

The Fader

Visit site
Slightly off topic but one of our ex members switched between left and right handed on a regular basis.

At one point he carried half and half!!

Also Brian Close the former England cricket captain could play to single figures both left and right handed.

Springveldt

Visit site
One of my playing partners is a lefty who plays right handed. He's also a +2 golfer and won the club championship quite a few times. It always catches me off guard when he throws a provisional ball back to me with his left or uses his left hand when playing pool.

My brother is right handed for everything except snooker/pool which he plays left handed, he's no idea why, it just feels more natural to him.

I'm right handed for everything and when doing the Superspeed Golf swings left handed I'm worried I'm going to smash the club into the ground or take out the swing speed radar. Even after doing them for a couple of months it still feels totally alien and there is no way I could make contact with a ball swinging that way.