Irons for the 20 handicapper

sulgolf

Visit site
I’m looking to buy a used set of irons which are fairly forgiving, yet still allow me to try and shape the ball, do I just go with game improvement irons? My budget is quite low, around 160-200 pounds.
Any suggestions on specific sets would be good.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Plenty of bargains at places like Affordable Golf or Golfbidder. Something like Ping or Callaway are known for their forgiveness. I would definitely look at something like Ping G25 onwards and definitely wouldn't worry too much about shot shaping at this time

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I am off 20 and have Ping G25 irons. They would be a great set for you, not mine though as I'm keeping them :D. Easy to hit, forgiving, get the ball lofted. Should be available in your price range.

sulgolf

Visit site
Plenty of bargains at places like Affordable Golf or Golfbidder. Something like Ping or Callaway are known for their forgiveness. I would definitely look at something like Ping G25 onwards and definitely wouldn't worry too much about shot shaping at this time
That’s just how I like to play golf and find i play better when shaping the ball into the green, but cheers I’ll look at the Ping G25s

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
Any set from the last 10 years by a top manufacturer would be fine.

Just type your budget into golf bidder and see what comes back. Then see if you can find it cheaper on eBay.

Bwgan

Hacker
Visit site
I'm using Ping G and currently find them great. As above any of the G range family should be good. I was 21 hcap last year now 12 and still dont feel the need to change... I cant say I've ever shaped a shot 😁

Pin-seeker

Visit site
I'm using Ping G and currently find them great. As above any of the G range family should be good. I was 21 hcap last year now 12 and still dont feel the need to change... I cant say I've ever shaped a shot 😁

Surely you’ve hit the odd slice 🤣

pieface

Medal Winner
Visit site
I got a set of used Callaway X-20 irons for around £120 without a 7 iron. I really like them and feel they were better than the mizunos I had previously.