Forgiving irons

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
I know you said you prefer second hand clubs but tighten your game with lessons while you bank a bit more cash and get properly fitted for a new set. That will sort you out more.

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I have Cobra FP irons and have forgiven them many times, but every once in a while they reward my loyalty and we put in some nice rounds.

5OTT

Visit site
I'm still confused from the OP, and some if the replies - which actual set of irons are currently in use?

Will add the expected "it's not the club" ?? More real estate from heel to toe may marginally increase the distance from middle to hosel but you still wouldn't be expecting great results IMO

I have been using the Srixon Irons but i'm going back to the Pings for the forseeable future. Also going to get some lessons booked.
Something in my swing has changed as the only way i can get the club on the clubface is to address the ball with the outer edge of the toe of the club with the centre of the ball.

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
I have been using the Srixon Irons but i'm going back to the Pings for the forseeable future. Also going to get some lessons booked.
Something in my swing has changed as the only way i can get the club on the clubface is to address the ball with the outer edge of the toe of the club with the centre of the ball.
Cool , I've been there. However more recently was hitting too far from the toe. Once the correction was made I needed to stand closer to the ball again ?

RichA

Visit site
Why not get a lesson, its probably a very simple fix?

Nothing more soul destroying than playing crap golf week after week.
Just got back from a quickly arranged lesson thanks to somebody else cancelling. No permanent quick fix, but he certainly identified an obvious fault for me to work on which was working out very well with him correcting me during the lesson.
Went back to ? straight after the lesson as I finished off the basket of balls, but at least I now know what the problem is.